When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai straps

flamemax

Hey All,

As some of you know from one of my previous posts, I'm buying a 111 from one of our trusted dealers. I think I had a major misconception about straps though, I've been browsing the forums and have seen all these beautiful straps, (Culture straps anyone?). I thought that buying a PAM included one of these wicked wild straps, but I am coming to the conclusion that when you buy a PAM form a dealer (excluding a second hand PAM with a good strap) you are buying the watch and not the strap. If you want a strap (a fancy one) you must go shopping elsewhere and find one to your liking; is this correct?

This PAM business is getting more and more expensive by the minute, I'm starting to regret allowing myself to get caught up in this as I am an Obsessive compulsive when it comes to watches.

Now for my story of shame;

I saw some beautiful straps in a previous post labled "For my PAM crazy gang" and I send a picture of these straps to the dealer I am buying the 111 from, inquiring if he had any of these straps, and if he could supply one with the 111.

I have since researched the price and noticed that these puppied go for $100 +.

Sorry dealer!! I did not mean to pull a n00b on you. haha.

Robb AKA Flamemax

I have since researched the price and noticed that these puppied go for $100 +.

Yep, Robb. OEM and aftermarket Panerai straps are industry in and of itself. Average price of a Panerai strap is $150. The really nice ones start at $200.

Using the "Search" button, you will find my Great Panerai Strap Caper series, where I review all kinds of straps.

For those on a budget, check out FxrAndy's straps, and you'll find that he has or can make very reasonably priced straps (25-40 Euro).

For an upgrade in custom-made straps, you can try V, Tootall, and Savage, distinguished forum strapmakers. (65-130 USD).

Also, we have a sticky about straps written by V, so that is a MUST for a newbie starting out. It's on the top of the Panerai forum.

Lastly, these two sites are imperative for those looking for cheaper straps:

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

And the genuine Panerai Accessories forum (NEVER mention what kind of watch you have, or where you got this info. They are vehemently against rep watches, as you can imagine):

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/ (change xx to tt)

Sorry dealer!! I did not mean to pull a n00b on you. haha.

You'll find Robb, that you cannot have one of anything related to Panerai. Not one PAM, not one PAM strap, not one PAM buckle.

It's the single-most addictive watch out there, gen and rep alike.

Like all addictions, one wishes one could stop, but one just can't. At least your veins won't suffer. :p

A standard rep strap treated the right way can also be a very nice strap, you dont have to spend the earth. PM me if you need any help

It's good that you have this alternative for him. Distressing it by rubbing it, or putting bleach on it, etc. can be an interesting alternative.

But really, everyone needs ONE pricier Panerai strap. Some PAMs already have "tells" that they're not gens. You don't want the strap letting you down too.

EDIT: My own lack of distressing skills may be playing a role in my opinion. Remember my first (only) attempt?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry292480

292480-4380.jpg

292480-4379.jpg

:yuk:

Hi Robb,

You really don't have to go crazy to find nice straps, I'm not of the mindset that you need a hundred different straps to constantly change. Some really great straps at really reasonable prices are BOB straps (Estaban has a great post of his 111 on a BOB Vertigo Aligator, very sharp combo) you can find him on Fleabay or his website http://anonym.to/?http://www.waccex.de/catalog/. Enjoy the new addition.

Can you post a link to the sticky, I cannot seem to find it at the top of the panerai area.

Thanks much!

Bah, a hundred apologies, Robb. It is actually a sticky in RWI's Panerai forum (by JB, one of the mods). I suppose I confused that in my mind.

You'll have to register there to see it, I'm afraid. Alternatively, you can browse for my "Straps: Are we done yet?" post, where I listed a lot of the NAMES (if not links to) of the more famous Panerai strapmakers.

PM in case of need...though I am nearing 100% capacity...as usual. :(

Good luck!