When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OK, I have this leather jacket...

flamemax

Hello All,

As stated, I have an old motorcycle jack that has seen about 8yrs of riding, the leather is worn in and far from being brand spanking new (perfect for a strap). Don't get me wrong, is has not eaten any pavement, but it is discolored from the sun in areas like the shoulders, and still black/almost brown in other areas.

The leather is of good quality (jacket cost me close to $1000) a while back.

I am no longer wearing this jacket, nor have I worn it since I sold my modified V-MAX (143HP at the rear wheel BTW -_- ) .

The jacket has seen may a biker party and then some, so suffice is to say it has great sentimental value.

I am wondering is I can ship this to someone (my cost) in exchange for a strap or 2.

The jacket will have a hole cut out of the upper right arm, as I have to remove my VMOA (V-MAX Owners Association) patch.

There is nothing I would love more than to have a memory of my V-MAX strapped to my wrist holding my 111h.

Let me know if anyone is interested in pictures and I'll see about snapping a few

Kindest regards,

Pictures on the way shortly.

please note that I am not a photographer.

These pictures are taken in my kitchen under regular lighting, snapped this evening.

Consider the color to be a... rustic black that seems to want to be brown, with patches of grey thrown in for character.

It's a tad thicker than the outer edge of a Canadian nickle.

Hey flamemax,

I would be willing to take a look at the jacket and make you 2 straps from it. If you need references of my work, let me know. I am sure many will speak highly of my work.

If you don't know the weight of the leather I would have to take a look at it and make sure it would work. Most jackets have a lining which is sometimes glued on and become a pain to take off and can damage the leather trying to remove.

Anyways, just PM me and let's work something out.

Thank you to everyone who offered!

Unfortunately I do nto want to cut the jacket up and send a slab of leather here and another there as the point of this is...

I get a strapor 2 , you get enough worn in weather beaten good lookin' leather to make... (guestimate) 8, perhaps 10 , maybe more, I don't know..

So after taking some time to think about it, my jacket is going to Tootall, in agreement for 2 straps on condition the the leather is usable strap making.

I will take the lining out, seperate the jacket into it's predefined sections, package it and send it to tootall.

Thanks once again to all who offered, all of you make beautiful straps!!

Kindest regards,

• 2 months later...

Hello,

For those of you who stated that the leathwer of the jacket would be too thin, well... I'll eat my words on that matter.

You were right. i measured it and the leather is about 1mm in thickness.

I have found an alternative.

Many many moons ago, my father hand made 2 leather duffle bags. These bags are well traveled and well over 20 yrs old (for those looking for that vintage look!)

The leather is a worn biege color and is 3.5mm thick.

I will be PM'ing the Person I promised the jacket to shortly and offer the bags instead.

Sorry for the long delay on this. I got caught up with the holiday thing and the work thing, well, you know how it all goes.

Kindest regards,

Robb AKA Flamemax