When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross 03-92, Stainless or PVD?

plant

I was told the "factory" that makes the 42mm versions ran out of cases and is waiting for the case maker to make more. It could be a little while. As for the lume, I've heard the lume sucks, as in almost none, and none of the modders on the boards are doing B&R yet.

Edited by bazonkers

Looking to add a BR03-92 to my collection but can't decide on the PVD or Stainless casing?

Which do you prefer?!

If anyone has one to part with, feel free to pm me!

I have a BR03-92, 42mm, full PVD, orange numerals, black dial, date at 4:00 o'clock, leather strap, worn a few times so the strap has a slight curvature.

I am new to the forum and do not know what "pm me" means.

Kindly e-mail me at lenw17@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Just about to pull the trigger. Wanted the blue writing but it seems no-one has it available.

I'm impatient so PVD with white writing, velcro and rubber strap it is then!!

figured i would point out that sssurfer did a nice review of the pvd/blue version here; i think he would concur w/ your decision to go w/ the white hands & writing :victory:

be sure and take some pictures when you get the watch -- i haven't seen too pictures of these...

deltatahoe

Just got mine...From King. S/S black dial / white numbers. Glows very good( hands glow in blue color). Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^^_^

Cheers, Greg B.

Just ordered through Andrew, I asked about the lume and he said the white numbers are the only one that glows. Looking forward to receiving it.

I now have a pvd with blue numbers on route from Angus due to a little hitch!

Your watch looks spot on Tankster. I can't wait for mine to arrive but will be disappointed if it has no glow when it lands though as Angus has said the blue has lume.

Edited by plant

My 2-cents on S/S or PVD: I had given it quite a though before pulling a trigger on S/S black/white. You folks tell me if my theory holds water: s/s is much better in maintenance. If scratched, it would not show as much, and it would get easily polished away. As of the watch shape, s/s wonderfully combines the classic round shape with unobtrusive square surrounding, whilst pvd would be a clear "I am square" statement". S/S IMO is dressier rather then pure instrumental utilitarian look of the PVD. The white on black has always been a winner in the dark. I played with different conditions setup, and the thing is that at times when you get in the dark place, your eyes would not get that instant adjustment. Since rep's lume is probably not near the gen's, or my Seiko's quality, even a hint of light makes white numbers very visible( my dog has a few patches of white fur, and when walking him in the dark I've always noticed how the white tip of the tail flashed up). I wake up at times during my sleep, and if look up at the watch on my nightstand I can clearly see hands and numbers, that could be partly because of my vision had adjusted but also definitely due to the glowing. I have not mustered the night shuts photography as of yet, so I am sorry that I can't provide images -_- . So hopefully this passage might help those in doubt...

Cheers,

Greg

I've been thinking about a SS or PVD with white

here is a gen lume for reference

BRLume2.jpg