When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going to buy 1st PAM for my B-day....PAM177H

ssabripo

Thumb....Please check your PM :(

All, i'm sorry for dragging this out some more, but I really need some candid feedback. I was really eyeing thumb's modded 177h, but it is on hold... in the event that he sells it or cannot get me another one, here are my options:

DSN's PAM082: ($380)

DSCF4071.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

He is out of the 177H modded ones, till next month, so that's out. This 082 has the upgrades of the 177h he is selling, as well as a better lume than standard 082.

Angus' 177h: ($258 shipped)

DSCN1425.jpg

DSCN1427.jpg

His quality seems very good and good feedback from members. The movement is chinesse however, and I don't know much about his lume and AR.

Josh/Andrew 177h ($298)

P177SWA.JPG

P177SWA_1.JPG

Nothing overly exciting...base watch. I would have to send it to Vac for lume + AR mods. Dunno what the quality is, but it does have a Swiss Unitas 6497 Hand Wind with Swan Neck movement.

Used but Modded 177h, mods by Vac: (~$500)

moddedPAM177h_2.jpg

moddedPAM177h_1.jpg

mods include:

1) Vac super Lume

2) tight Lever

3) Flush pin

4) Thick titanium CG flush to case

5) PALP CROWN (there are no more on the market... impossible to find)

6) Dyed off white dial font to match exact with gen

7) Swiss swan neck regulator movement fully 100% serviced and water proofed

8) Adjust movement beat and rate

9) Jimmy Fu hands

10) Real sapphire single AR coated crystal like gen

11) Cannon pinion upgrade and flat top, polish

Hopefully I can buy something today....

Go with the one modded by Vac. Im sure you wont be disappointed.

Thumb....Please check your PM :(

All, i'm sorry for dragging this out some more, but I really need some candid feedback. I was really eyeing thumb's modded 177h, but it is on hold... in the event that he sells it or cannot get me another one, here are my options:

DSN's PAM082: ($380)

DSCF4071.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

He is out of the 177H modded ones, till next month, so that's out. This 082 has the upgrades of the 177h he is selling, as well as a better lume than standard 082.

Angus' 177h: ($258 shipped)

DSCN1425.jpg

DSCN1427.jpg

His quality seems very good and good feedback from members. The movement is chinesse however, and I don't know much about his lume and AR.

Josh/Andrew 177h ($298)

P177SWA.JPG

P177SWA_1.JPG

Nothing overly exciting...base watch. I would have to send it to Vac for lume + AR mods. Dunno what the quality is, but it does have a Swiss Unitas 6497 Hand Wind with Swan Neck movement.

Used but Modded 177h, mods by Vac: (~$500)

moddedPAM177h_2.jpg

moddedPAM177h_1.jpg

mods include:

1) Vac super Lume

2) tight Lever

3) Flush pin

4) Thick titanium CG flush to case

5) PALP CROWN (there are no more on the market... impossible to find)

6) Dyed off white dial font to match exact with gen

7) Swiss swan neck regulator movement fully 100% serviced and water proofed

8) Adjust movement beat and rate

9) Jimmy Fu hands

10) Real sapphire single AR coated crystal like gen

11) Cannon pinion upgrade and flat top, polish

Hopefully I can buy something today....

Easy, guys... You're draggin' this guy deep into the PAM pit :p

Happy birthday, Ssabripo :D Just a thought of your PAM search... have you owned a rep of this 45mm watch before? Are you certain that you will love the sheer size of this watch? As far as I know, watch enthusiasts either love it or hate it.

If you think this watch is the one for you, then my next thought for you is... are you a perfectionist? Most of us started here thinking we'd be happy getting a DSN for the first PAM, but many of us ended up wanting more. DSN offers the best noob PAMs (yes, I think they're fit for noobs though they're not cheap...) but you can hardly mod a DSN any further than what it is. Reason being DSN watches do not accept other rep or gen parts available in the bigger non-DSN market. So if you don't think you'd be picky... then DSN is the right choice.

Payment sent for the modded PAM.....waiting for confirmation :o

Happy Birthday, Ssabripo! I had no idea you and I were exact contemporaries. ;)

Hope your PAM quest turned out well!

Thanks Vic....can't wait.

hopefully the collection is complete..........for now! :lol:

my_watches_008_small.jpg

Omega Planet Ocean 45mm

Omega SMP Crono

Rolex Daytona (asian 7750)

Movado (gen)

and now this bad boy!

Easy, guys... You're draggin' this guy deep into the PAM pit :p

Happy birthday, Ssabripo :D Just a thought of your PAM search... have you owned a rep of this 45mm watch before? Are you certain that you will love the sheer size of this watch? As far as I know, watch enthusiasts either love it or hate it.

If you think this watch is the one for you, then my next thought for you is... are you a perfectionist? Most of us started here thinking we'd be happy getting a DSN for the first PAM, but many of us ended up wanting more. DSN offers the best noob PAMs (yes, I think they're fit for noobs though they're not cheap...) but you can hardly mod a DSN any further than what it is. Reason being DSN watches do not accept other rep or gen parts available in the bigger non-DSN market. So if you don't think you'd be picky... then DSN is the right choice.

Thanks Seraphe.

I figured Vac does outstanding work, as does The Zigmeister with other watches, and so, might as well stretch my budget and be done with it.

Time to look for some really nice leather straps (thick ones) on the cheap! :D

• 2 weeks later...