When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1655 Wallpaper

tmg

Beautiful. I'm far from a vintage Rolex expert, but isn't the date mag a bit oversized for this one?

Either way, the Orange hand is awesome.

Good eye By-Tor,

It is a gen T116 with the correct 2.5x mag but the date is a little larger since the crystal sits a hair higher than a gen because of the slightly raised lip/channel that the crystal is seated in.

Thanks!

Wow, what a beautiful pic of a beautiful Franken. I love it. Compared to yours, mine looks old. Yours looks like a nice 1980 example, still solid and with a great like new finish overall. Great job on dial and hands. BTW, that isn't a gen booklet, or IS it?

Yep looks very similar to an '82 gen I tried on a few weeks back - only about equivalent of $25,000 :whistling:

Thought that about the booklet too - assuming it's a high res scan hard copy - original 1655 booklets go for big money on fleabay.

Wow, what a beautiful pic of a beautiful Franken. I love it. Compared to yours, mine looks old. Yours looks like a nice 1980 example, still solid and with a great like new finish overall. Great job on dial and hands. BTW, that isn't a gen booklet, or IS it?

Thanks O, that is a huge compliment coming from the best franken 1655 owner out there!

I was told the booklet was gen but it was pretty reasonable, so who knows for sure :g: Either way it's a fun prop.