When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What color strap for my white dial Steelfish

dangerman

Just got the white dial steelfish and I'm taking a while to warm to it.

IMO the white dial blends too well with the brushed finish on the case. It kind of makes it look a bit small (maybe I am crazy, I don't know).

I read somewhere that the white dial version looks better with a leather strap. I think I will try and see if it helps me to like it better.

So I'm looking for color and material sugestions.

Probably leaning toward a shade of brown. Light or dark?, caramel?, gator or calf?

I'm open any to suggestions.

post-2172-1195012252_thumb.jpgthe strap that is sold with the steelfish looks realy good on it light mustard brown

the pic is colour enhances this strap is lighter in colour than in the pic.. got the bracelet and the strap Joshua alway's throws in the strap for me on my orders.. some I don't use but the buckles come in handy :D

caramel brown with white stitching will suit it well. i have that on a montbrillant rep and it is the cat's meow. always get compliments on that combo. the best part about it is that as it ages, it looks better and better. although I have to admit that the black strap that chubbchubb posted looks great as well.

the rubber strap is the bomb.. go to ebay.. I just won one cost me 75.00 usd. they claim it is genuine.. I have my doubts.. but since the makers of the rep don't offer it .. what have I got to loose.. looks genuine.. feels good .. not soft like the Pam rep straps.. got the Bue and the black on ebay.. most members here got theirs on the bay.. good luck

the rubber strap is the bomb.. go to ebay.. I just won one cost me 75.00 usd. they claim it is genuine.. I have my doubts.. but since the makers of the rep don't offer it .. what have I got to loose.. looks genuine.. feels good .. not soft like the Pam rep straps.. got the Bue and the black on ebay.. most members here got theirs on the bay.. good luck

just wondering if it's nicer than the SS that comes with the rep itself?

and is it easy to install the black rubber strap at all???

Thanks a lot

The black rubber strap goes well with the black and white dial .. they make a blue rubber also.. let me post a link for a spring bar tool ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spring-Bar-Tool-Kit-Li...QcmdZViewItem...

this is all you need to remove the spring bar

don't buy anything now the bretling straps on the bay are a rip off asking over 200 usd..the other sellers are not listing right now.. i have numerous straps all at around 75.00 usd.. just be patient something will turn up..

good luck

I received my Steelfish on SS Thursday Afternoon. By Friday evening I was ready to take it off. This was very odd for me because the novelty of a new watch usually lasts at least a week. Something about the SS band was just not doing it for me. So I've switched it to my Bob Breitling strap, and now I just cant take my eyes off it. This Fish really shines when you take of the Steel IMO.

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

Beautiful pics andreww. I agree, once I took it off the SS bracelet (and put it onto a rep brown leather band that I also ordered with it), the white face and the other details are just so striking through the double AR! I think the decent, but obviously less quality than the watch bracelet was distracting us from the watch itself.

Andrew, I owe you a beer or two!

No need mate, I'm drinkin vodka anyway :D. Seriously, I never had an urge to post a pic of this watch until I took the SS off. I will keep it for swimming (and I'll pick up a gen rubber strap before next summer), but for day to day use, this fish will be on a skin strap from now on!

Good to hear others feel like I do. It's OK on steel but I have to agree with Jon Fort, it's too stealthy on steel. No wow factor for me.

I felt a little better when a friend finally noticed it after a couple of meetings wearing it. He said he likes it the most of all my watches, so I guess it mostly comes down to personal preferences.

But I will still be moving to wear it on leather for most of the time. I've decided to get both a black leather breitling style and a brown one as well.

Edited by dangerman