When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are you an innie or an outie?

anton

What is your watch wearing preference?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When wearing a shirt:

• Outside Cuff?
    • Inside Cuff?
    • Depends on size!
  2. 2. How about your coat?

• Inside your sleeve?
    • Outside your sleeve?
    • I don't wear winter/ski jackets so this question doesn't apply to me!

YouTube clip reminds me of the "boys" I used to hang out with backin my college days...they're not "nouveau-riche"...they're "spoiled-rich"...

And fir a second there, Desuetude, I thought you were Defacto! (he has the same avatar)

Spoiled rich is kinda implied with "nouveau riche". I kinda infer both whenever I refer to someone or something as "South Shore." Sucks that they can't be avoided in the big city.

And that's so funny...I don't see a defacto in the members list...I only see...ME! :lol:

Spoiled rich is kinda implied with "nouveau riche". I kinda infer both whenever I refer to someone or something as "South Shore." Sucks that they can't be avoided in the big city.

And that's so funny...I don't see a defacto in the members list...I only see...ME! :lol:

Desuetude.....Defacto?!?!?!?Did you also have a gen navitimer stolen from you?

And again, forgive me if i am wrong!

:lol::lol::lol: Funniest thing I've seen in a while :lol::lol::lol:

"Not now, Chief! I'm in the [censored]in' Zone!"

Comedy Gold.

And as for My New. Hair. Cut...

I grabbed a fistfull of my hair with my thumb pressed to the scalp, used sharp scissors to cut along the outer edge of my fist, and repeated the process ^_^

Psst. Comedy sketch and all, please enlighten, Desuetude -- to me South Shore means somewhere near Blackpool. The first Google hit says it's near Boston, and known as the Irish Riviera.

To me, this guy seems Italian-American from Longuyland. You know, the trademarked jerky-looking-around movements, the overuse of copulary adjectives and style of "party" clothes. Also, if he's nouveau riche, I'm Tony Soprano. :animal_rooster:

I can understand having your shirts tailored to allow for a large watch. That said, I can not imagine either wearing a watch over my shirt or coat. I have seen it a couple of times and it is almost always a very expensive watch. I don't think that it is to make it easier to see your watch when you are in a hurry or you would see a Casio worn like this. If it is so important to make sure that no one misses seeing your watch you might possibly need some help with self image. I know this will seem like a flame, but I really do not mean it that way. I grew up with and now work with people that can afford pretty much what they want when it comes to watches and it never fails to surprise me how little they care what you think of their watch or them. I wear my watches for me, not the general public. If you happen to see it and comment on it, that can be nice, but I don't care if anyone else sees my watch.

:lol::lol::lol: Funniest thing I've seen in a while :lol::lol::lol:

"Not now, Chief! I'm in the [censored]in' Zone!"

Comedy Gold.

And as for My New. Hair. Cut...

I grabbed a fistfull of my hair with my thumb pressed to the scalp, used sharp scissors to cut along the outer edge of my fist, and repeated the process ^_^

LOL, that's also my favorite line from it! Also, the gym bit is hysterical...I'm sure many of us know those exact types, the ones who look like they should be putting up solid weight, yet they're putting up MAYBE half, and letting EVERYONE know how cool they are for doing so!

Your haircut sounds quite unique! :lol:

Psst. Comedy sketch and all, please enlighten, Desuetude -- to me South Shore means somewhere near Blackpool. The first Google hit says it's near Boston, and known as the Irish Riviera.

To me, this guy seems Italian-American from Longuyland. You know, the trademarked jerky-looking-around movements, the overuse of copulary adjectives and style of "party" clothes. Also, if he's nouveau riche, I'm Tony Soprano. :animal_rooster:

Yep! See the end of the video, where it says "Coming to a Queens or South shore bar near you"? South shore refers to the south shore of long island. The home of tastelessness, where young teenage males run around rubbing more artificial tanner on each other than girls, spend more time plucking their eyebrows, doing their (identical) haircuts while sexually abusing hairgel, the manditory "italia" jacket, headband, etc, and if the parents are well off and equally mentally incapacitated, driving around in the Merc or BMW their parents bought, acting like pseudo-gangsters, fronting like they actually have the money to maintain their depraved lifestyle. They are called "Guidos". Where the young women use almost as much artificial tanner, use enough hideous makeup to ice a cake, nails that you could use as a spoon, and attire that one would expect a blind drag queen to wear, whose primary goal in life is to marry a guido and drain his parents' resources. They are called "Guidettes".

If anyone here is from the south shore, I'm sorry, but you'll have to punch your south shore neighbors, because they earned your area the deplorable reputation it has, which, admittedly, it has had for quite some time. I make no apologies for my generalizations above. Unfortunately, this plague, which grew out of the south shore and queens, has begun spreading to once-classy places like many areas of the north shore (the 5 towns are no longer safe), and in many parts of the Hamptons. Regrettably, it has also grown beyond the boundaries of Italian-Americans (BTW, real Italian-Americans despise these clowns), infecting almost any race that settles in the south shore/astoria, queens area. Thankfully, the true upper echelons of society in the 5 towns, and in most nice parts of Manhattan have not been infected...yet.

http://www.getoffourisland.com

In light of our LI-Eastenders that we cityfolk try to distance ourselves to (unfortunately the UES/UWS women in their late teens/early twenties LOVE these guys), I'd like to take a page from Duesuetude's "book":

CURSES!

Speaking of guys like these, the in-laws and I had an engaging discussion about our current generation and how the succeeding generations always lower the standards of the preceding ones, and etc.

I mean, I know all about Egotistical maniacs, but why is that some people are always trying to "one-up" another? (I have two eyes! Oh yeah; I have four!)

Horrifying. They sound like watch-outties.

Fortunately, my peer group would kill them.

No no no, they are not intimidating at all, they just like to make you think they are! They need to be in groups of 5 or more to actually act upon all of the trash they talk. And if you are in the company of a few capable guys, it'll take a small army of them to really act. They'll hoot, holler, shout incoherent phrases in a vain attempt to sound tough/Italian, and occasionally try to grab you due to their repressed homosexuality, however, they really can't be taken seriously. Come on, they want to eliminate as much risk of their hair and face getting messed up as possible!

See the video, where he is in the bar, saying if some guy looks at him funny, he's going to start a fight? The guy walks by, looks at him funny...then after the guy walks away, he then starts talking trash? Those guys in a nutshell. He hit the nail on the head.

For example, take the time when a friend of mine (ex-marine, billy badass underneath, velvet glove on the outside) and I were at a club, he was talking to some girl who must've been with someone...3 guidos approach, start talking tough, that they wanna take it outside, that they're going to whoop his ass, etc. I preemptively went outside, had the valet get my car. Perfect timing...as I'm getting in the car, the guidos walk outside, my friend behind them. Two guidos take swings, one tries to tackle him... without losing step, he drops all 3 with single shots to their respective jaws, continues walking to the car, nonchalantly gets in, and says "Dude, what did I tell you, enough of these gay bars, the joke is getting old!" I can't really think of too many times in my life where I've laughed so hard.

Thought that was odd, since I THINK I know a Bostonian accent versus a Long Island one. Basically, the difference between Matt Damon and Rosie O'Donnell (other than the penis, obviously).

That's a tough one V, I can't think which accent annoys me more. And by the other difference between Damon and O'Donnell, do you mean that one has a larger penis than the other?

EXCUSE ME! You're talking of my future in-laws. :lol:

My boyfriend calls his cousins, Tony and Tony, Kappa W*ps. :o

Yes, Desuetude. I'm sure we've all watched Saturday Night Fever, and Kiss Me, Guido. Well, especially if you're secretly gay like John Travolta.

All cities have neighbourhoods or areas like this. Some people like to wax nostalgic over the East End of London. There were as many characters there, as South Shore seems to have retained now.

Today...it's a little different. So be careful what you wish for. ;)

V, I didn't know that you got engaged! Congrats! Or is it an assumption at this point? For the record, I have no problem with Italians...I have a problem with guidos...it's a term that transcends ethnicity.

Good, I hate PC-people. I notice they are the most judgemental people on the face of this earth. A bit like peaceniks, who are always fighting.

Here, here! The world would be a much better place if the societal pressure of maintaining PC (status quo) didn't exist. Suppressing feelings/emotions only exacerbates problems.

Sure, it's about the authenticity of Street. This is why every kid attending Collegiate and Brearly sounds like Fitty Cent.

JFK's grandson looks like he's about to bust up some of his hos.

Hah. They may clean up their act before hitting the parental home at Thanksgiving, but when they go back to St. Paul's, it's back to pimpin'.

Wow...he's straight up OG, huh! :lol:

In light of our LI-Eastenders that we cityfolk try to distance ourselves to (unfortunately the UES/UWS women in their late teens/early twenties LOVE these guys), I'd like to take a page from Duesuetude's "book":

CURSES!

Speaking of guys like these, the in-laws and I had an engaging discussion about our current generation and how the succeeding generations always lower the standards of the preceding ones, and etc.

I mean, I know all about Egotistical maniacs, but why is that some people are always trying to "one-up" another? (I have two eyes! Oh yeah; I have four!)

Ah, the plight of man! We're always trying to assert ourselves, our superiority over our fellow man! When there are people who wish to assert themselves, but do not posses the intellect, capability or charisma to do so, they band up, assume a common identity and become guidos!

Personally, I think it's much more of a problem in the UWS...the UES seems to attract less of that, at least in my experience. It's not to say that there aren't many obnoxious, bratty kids with an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement in the UES...I just don't see them gravitating toward guidos as much. The girls in their late teens/young 20s seem to gun more for the young professionals trying to act like hot shots, unable to see through the thin facade of ballerificness they put up. I lol@both...the men and women of true distinction stand above everyone else, without trying, however, there are very few people in their 20s who are keen enough to recognize that...hell, not too many people at any age are keen enough to see it. Usually, the ones who can identify it are individuals of true distinction themselves. Since distinction by nature requires a small minority, we will always have the silly young girls chasing after the guidos, and wannabe hotshot young professionals acting like owners of the world...when they are shady brokers, salesmen, etc. And let's not forget the guidos!

*disclaimer* No offense to brokers/salesmen...however, like any walk of life, every group has it's black sheep

LOL, that's also my favorite line from it!

I think the thing that made the line even funnier, was that it could actually (just about) be used in real life to brush someone off :lol:

Also, the gym bit is hysterical...

Oh yeah, but not as funny as his yelling "Mom!" during his rant for PROTEIN!!! :lol: I'm sure 'his boys' could help him find another source of protein :lol:

Your haircut sounds quite unique! :lol:

:lol:

It's about 2.5/3 inches long all over, and pretty even. I've cut my own hair before a few years back with clippers, but this was more a 'damage control' exercise as, when I bleached my hair before going to Spain, I left the bleach on too long, and the lower 9-12 inches (which had been bleached several times over the past 18 months) pretty much disintegrated and snapped off, leaving me with what felt like a load of cottoncandy at the tips, so, it was out with the scissors and emergency action :lol: Not the first time I've had to cut my own hair, and it probably won't be the last :lol:

JFK's grandson looks like he's about to bust up some of his hos.

jbshe5.jpg

Oh dear <_< People like that really irritate me. I wonder when he last looked in a mirror and realized that he wasn't a gangsta from Compton... :rolleyes:

Edited by TeeJay

Oh dear <_< People like that really irritate me. I wonder when he last looked in a mirror and realized that he wasn't a gangsta from Compton... :rolleyes:

JFK's grandson thinks he's black, meanwhile Grace Kelly has a black grandson. Who on God's green earth could've predicted this 40 years ago? :lol:

JFK's grandson thinks he's black, meanwhile Grace Kelly has a black grandson. Who on God's green earth could've predicted this 40 years ago? :lol:

Sadly reminds me of Tim Westwood. Now there's an excuse for a 'hate crime' if ever their was one :lol: (I'm sure in private, he is a very formal and polite man who insists on being called Timothy :lol: )

@TeeJay: If hate crimes are going, can we include Jade Goody? Yes, I'll roast in Hell for saying that, but then Arabica beans always did smell good.

Flora06_9375.jpg

Must be an innie.

I think we could include her, although in all fairness, there are much more deserving people than her ;)

PS PM on it's way on a totally unrelated issue :)