When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chicago Rolex Submariner

speedeetripdate

Hello All,

I will be in Chicago over the holidays and of course will be going to China Town, I need some advice on whether I should buy a Sub Replica there or will it just be a waste of money. I was under the assumption that all Replicas from New York or Chicago are ONLY low quality replicas. Please tell me if I might find a decent one there for a decent price. I would love to drop only 50 bucks and walk away with an average Sub clone.

Thanks

Didnt realize the Chinatown in Chicago mirrored that of NYC's Chinatown. I thought someone had posted somethng about Maxwell street..not too sure....I live in Chicago, but never heard of reps being sold on the street.

Well, I am from Chicago and have not heard about having a famous watch area, but 2 places to consider:

Chinatown on Cermak - Look in the shops I'd imagine. It is not a big streetcorner merchant place that one might expect. Go on Sundays for one of the restaurants famous Dim Sum meals.

Maxwell Street - This is where you WOULD have found them 15 years ago. Now it has moved to, of all places, Canal Street (small world, huh?). Here is a link: http://chicago.metromix.com/style/store/ne.../133691/content. Don't know what's there but it is sure to be exciting.

Good Luck and post back with your findings. I'd love to go there if there are watches to be found :)