When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super SeaDweller - major problems sizing the bracelet? HELP

perry563

I just recieved my super SD and its an awesome watch. However I cannot resize the bracelet. One screw is so tight I cannot budge it. The head of the screw is now all beat up from trying to remove it. Another screw just spins and wont come out. I tried soaking in WD40 overnight but stll no luck. Please help..its a present for my father!!!!

I just recieved my super SD and its an awesome watch. However I cannot resize the bracelet. One screw is so tight I cannot budge it. The head of the screw is now all beat up from trying to remove it. Another screw just spins and wont come out. I tried soaking in WD40 overnight but stll no luck. Please help..its a present for my father!!!!

What kind of bracelet is it? Rivet or Oyster? Hollow or solid mid link?......c'mon man, how can I help if I don't know these things......

The jammed screws may have been glued. I had a similar issue with an oyster and soaked the links in near boiling water for 30 seconds or so. Rinsed with cool water and off they came.

The spinning screw probably arrived with stripped threads. With a toothpick or similar pointy object, push the screw from the threaded side while simultaneously backing it out with a screwdriver. This should do the trick.

Congrats on the new toy! B)

I have all the Sub and SD reps and I really have to say the SUPER SD is the best I have seen in terms of overall fit and finish. Sure some issues with tight screws and divers extensions exist but even with this ..MAN it looks great! Not perfect but its a rep! I can tell you that NO ONE is going to call this out unless they REALLY know what they are doing and its off your wrist and in their hands.I have all the Sub and SD reps and I really have to say the SUPER SD is the best I have seen in terms of overall fit and finish. Sure some issues with tight screws and divers extensions exist but even with this ..MAN it looks great! Not perfect but its a rep! I can tell you that NO ONE is going to call this out unless they REALLY know what they are doing and its off your wrist and in their hands.

With my 21j Presidential: Most screws were stripped and would not back out I ended up cutting links with a Dremel to remove them. With an ETA Submariner that came originally from Trusty Time, the screws came out and in with no problem. The quality of the bracelets on Rep Rolexes does seem to be a problem. The $20 watches at Walmart seem to have better bracelets; this is something the Rep Manufactuers need to improve. B)