When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD 111g

TeeJay

I'd originally asked for and received a 127, but, an issue with the CG Lever meant it had to be returned... Not to worry, I'll be ordering another in due time, but, just to remind myself, here it is :D

4c7c4bee.jpg

Did I like it? Yes. Will I be getting another? Definitely. Would I have worn it every day as a beater? No... Although the case didn't swamp my wrist, I felt that the dial was a little too big for me. More of an instroment dial than a watch... Maybe longer to adapt to another would change that feeling... Anyway, onto the outcome. I returned the 127 in return for a PVD 111g, and I absolutely love it. Love the movement bridges, love the dial, I even like the AR. I do have plans to have the dial replaced with a re-lumed sandwich dial, but, untill the funds become available, I'll be wearing and loving it 'as is'. Here're some photos :)

85fcd20d.jpg

5ac73fca.jpg

90e0ce5d.jpg

085c86ee.jpg

ab889e05.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

wear it well! where you got it from?

Very nice! But I wonder how it looks like on an all black strap :victory:

It actually came on a black rubber strap, and I have tried it on a black strap which is an identical counterpart (other than color) to the strap it's on now. While it is very 'low key' on the black leather, the all black is a little monotonous, and personally, I feel the watch looks nicer on a brown (or tan) strap, to make the black of the case a more 'independant' feature. I can't get to the camera at the moment, but I'll try and get a shot of it on the black leather strap when I can :)

For all its worth, I agree with TeeJay: it looks grrreat on the brown strap!

As for colours, I am GREEN with envy... :D

I have to admit, it looks okay, it doesn't look 'bad' as such, I just think that on brown/tan straps, it makes the case color more noticeable, as it's a contrast to the strap, where when it's all the same color, for some reason, it's less noticeable...

Oh I'm definitely a PAMophile, and haven't even had a flareup of my PlanetOceanitis in a while :lol:

[Edit to ad]

That's not to say noticeable as a way of drawing attention to the watch, more that it makes it a more distinct feature, rather than the eye 'glossing over' it. :)

I'm a big fan of Panerai, but i just can't seem to get into the PVD look. I have never tried one on, and I'm sure that if i did, I would like it but...Im just not in a rush to go out and buy one...

This one is a real nice example, though. Great photos, too. Enjoy it.

I'm a big fan of Panerai, but i just can't seem to get into the PVD look. I have never tried one on, and I'm sure that if i did, I would like it but...Im just not in a rush to go out and buy one...

This one is a real nice example, though. Great photos, too. Enjoy it.

Thanks :) I have to admit, PAMs themselves are very much an acquired taste, and, PVDd versions even more so. I'd go so far as to say it's very much a 'love it or hate it' look. That said, having gotten to appreciate the PAM aesthetic more and more, I think the PVD is something I've 'worked up to', and probably wouldn't've selected as a first PAM. Something else I do like about it, is it's, surprizingly, a very subtle watch, and 'wears' much smaller than the identically sized 111h. For some reason (well, I know it's the color :lol: ) it just doesn't appear to 'stand out' from the wrist as much, while still being eye-catching in it's own way :)

Nice watch.... Here's a good contrast for you:

img0308resizelh5.jpg

img3552resizewz7.jpg

Nice :) I have to admit, the strap I'm using is a bit darker than what I plan on using permanantly on the watch, but, until the 24mm buckles I ordered arrived, I'm stuck with the factory strap from my 111h :D I think a pale strap like in your top photo will be my permanant choice :)

Out of curiosity, how long have you had the watch, and how have you found the durability of the PVD?

Edited by TeeJay

Thanks :) I have to admit, PAMs themselves are very much an acquired taste, and, PVDd versions even more so. I'd go so far as to say it's very much a 'love it or hate it' look. That said, having gotten to appreciate the PAM aesthetic more and more, I think the PVD is something I've 'worked up to', and probably wouldn't've selected as a first PAM. Something else I do like about it, is it's, surprizingly, a very subtle watch, and 'wears' much smaller than the identically sized 111h. For some reason (well, I know it's the color :lol: ) it just doesn't appear to 'stand out' from the wrist as much, while still being eye-catching in it's own way :)

Nice :) I have to admit, the strap I'm using is a bit darker than what I plan on using permanantly on the watch, but, until the 24mm buckles I ordered arrived, I'm stuck with the factory strap from my 111h :D I think a pale strap like in your top photo will be my permanant choice :)

Out of curiosity, how long have you had the watch, and how have you found the durability of the PVD?

You are just so right about PAMs being an acquired taste... Only a few months ago (very few) when I joined this forum I simply could not understand all the hype about the PAMs...thought they were boring, all looked alike, etc, etc, etc,... According to my ems local website I will be receiving my 177 Davidsen at home tomorrow... :rolleyes:

You are just so right about PAMs being an acquired taste... Only a few months ago (very few) when I joined this forum I simply could not understand all the hype about the PAMs...thought they were boring, all looked alike, etc, etc, etc,... According to my ems local website I will be receiving my 177 Davidsen at home tomorrow... :rolleyes:

They're definitely something which grow on people, but, I have to admit, still not something which are to everyone's taste. I like them as the dials are so clear and easy to read. The things like the decorated movement and handwinding are just 'bonus features' :)

[Edit to add]

Best of luck with the 177, I bet it starts getting priority wrist time ;)

Edited by TeeJay

• 2 weeks later...
Looks great Teejay. :whistling: still waiting patiently ;)

Thanks, amigo :) At least one of us is patient :lol: I can't wait to send this off for you to work your magic on it :lol: Damn Christmas and financial obligations :lol: I've decided to get a 2nd 111h, so when I get them both, the one which has the better 'backwinding' facility, can be fitted with the 111g dial, the one that is more fiddly, can be converted to a 112h, like the PVD plan. The 'backwinding' on the PVD is a real [censored] to find the 'sweet spot', but, by tweaking the regulation, I've got it running (as far as I can tell) at +/-0 seconds per day :1a::yeah: It keeps perfect time to the radio-controlled clock in the study, the only problem is I can't roll the second sweep back to synchronize the seconds :lol: