When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help identifying a movement

Nanuq

Gents, can anyone tell me what movement this is? I'd like to source a new set of hands for it. So far this has proved

impossible but if this is a typical movement maybe something from another brand will work? It's signed Continental

Time - France. The watch is a Superman dive watch, made by LeJour/Yema.

Picture nbr 1

Picture nbr 2

Nanug,

Not such good news, as I understand FE, ( at least their quartz movements) are now all discontinued, as of August 2007.

I have some hand assortments on the way from HK. 120/70/170, 120/70/195, and 110/65/195, in gold, chrome and black.

Give me a yell if you are struggling.

( Also have an assortment set of RX coming in chrome and gold)

Offshore

Thanks! All I need is the sizes for the hands and I'm good to place an order. Right now I've cobbled some old/nasty Sub hands on it. :yuk:

Tudor "snowflake" mil hands nicely aged... that would be perfect. Here's the dial:

superman1.jpg

superman4.jpg

superman2.jpg

I don't know what a fs-4611a looks like, but that does look like a 2451 like potr said. Weird that there would be no eta stamp though.

I see the watch is all iced out too. Cool. :p Don't drop it in the snowblower! I did something like that last year.

It's a 2451, same as the Benrus UltraDeep...

As far as the 2451 goes, I have a few of them...

One of them is the "41 jewel" version... it is NOT ETA hallmarked, but it does have SEARS ROEBUCK & Co. engraved on the rotor...

It can be found in several levels of finish... and almost any number of jewels from 17 to 41...

Here is a nice "30 Jewel" version...

eta2451.jpg

Back to that watch of yours...

It looks like the mov't is rather unpolished, is missing retainers, and the stem retainer screw & seat are buggered up pretty badly...

Tell you what I'll do... IF YOU WANT IT, I'll send you my currently recently acquired, unserviced, barely running, but nicely polished, nearly unbuggered "41 J" version, and you can take a really nice look at it... and take any and all parts you want from it to pretty up that watch... IE: the whole thing...

You and your watchmaker of choice will get a kick out of how they upped the jewel count... and a really unique story to add to the watch...

I'll eventually find another "41"...

My only requirement would be to send me back the SEARS ROEBUCK rotor...