When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

who's UPO is closest to the gen?

JuiceMaker

here are 3 pics of UPO 45.5mm: Genuine, Josh & Silix...

Genuine:

post-9175-1195489005_thumb.jpg

(from an AD in Australia)

Josh:

post-9175-1195487050_thumb.jpg

(differences: ugly green pearl; incorrect pearl ring & position on bezel; incorrect 6,9,12 font on dial; incorrect OMEGA symbol)

Silix:

post-9175-1195487207_thumb.jpg

(differences: same coloured pearl as on hour indicators???; incorrect pearl ring & position on bezel; correct 6,9, 12 font on dial, correct OMEGA symbol)

supposely Josh's & Silix's have the same Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement...

but Silix sells it at $100 cheaper...

why???

who's is better???

I have no idea :huh:

anyone have any recommendations on which dealer to buy from???

Edited by JuiceMaker

I would say go with the Silix, replace the crystal with a gen OR get the rep crystal AR'd and you're almost done. On the Josh version you would more than likely want to replace the dial with a gen dial. On either one, get the tube and crown replaced with the gen because you will get crown stripping at some point.

I would say go with the Silix, replace the crystal with a gen OR get the rep crystal AR'd and you're almost done. On the Josh version you would more than likely want to replace the dial with a gen dial. On either one, get the tube and crown replaced with the gen because you will get crown stripping at some point.

r u saying that Silix's crystal doesn't have AR coating???

what about the SS bracelet, is it as good as Josh's???

I'm in Australia... where would I get the tube & crown replaced with the gen???

this will be my first rep...

I have no idea where to get it serviced in Australia when it's necessary :mellow:

& why isn't Silix's classified as an UPO???

Single AR, not double like the gen.

It should be fine.

Look up kenberg, an excellent member who is also down under.

this will be my first rep...

I have no idea where to get it serviced in Australia when it's necessary :mellow:

& why isn't Silix's classified as an UPO???

The only watch classified as a UPO is the one sold by Andrew or Josh (I forget which). The watches sold by Silix (and other dealers) are simply classed as Planet Oceans. They do not have the U(ltimate) prefix. The real thing, is the Planet Ocean Big Size, model number 2901.50.91. If you go into an AD and ask to see a You Pee Oh, they'll probably either look at you like you've got two heads, or laugh their ass off.

If you want to get a rep watch serviced, then there are a number of modders on the forum who are renouned for the quality of their work. If you want to get the work done locally to you, then your best bet is to try a small, independant jewellers, and ask if they do watch repairs.

Best of luck with your purchase :)

The only watch classified as a UPO is the one sold by Andrew or Josh (I forget which). The watches sold by Silix (and other dealers) are simply classed as Planet Oceans. They do not have the U(ltimate) prefix. The real thing, is the Planet Ocean Big Size, model number 2901.50.91. If you go into an AD and ask to see a You Pee Oh, they'll probably either look at you like you've got two heads, or laugh their ass off.

If you want to get a rep watch serviced, then there are a number of modders on the forum who are renouned for the quality of their work. If you want to get the work done locally to you, then your best bet is to try a small, independant jewellers, and ask if they do watch repairs.

Best of luck with your purchase :)

yea... I'm aware of that... UPO is just for the "rep world"

I send an email to Ruby & she said that her 45.5mm PO is the same as Andrew's & Josh's...

people are telling me different things...

"analysis paralysis" I'm confused :huh:

yea... I'm aware of that... UPO is just for the "rep world"

I send an email to Ruby & she said that her 45.5mm PO is the same as Andrew's & Josh's...

people are telling me different things...

"analysis paralysis" I'm confused :huh:

To be precice, UPO is just sold by Andrew or Josh (I really can't remember which) If you really want a UPO, they're who you have to go to. There are, however, dealers with equally nice Planet Oceans. None of them are 1:1 perfect to the real thing, so whatever you buy will have some flaw. The trick, is to pick the one with the flaw you can live with (or modify) :)

The UPO or "ultimate" is simply another marketing term like the "Perfect Sub" devised by dealers to impress potential purchasers. As has been stated, the UPO is quite good as are some other non UPOs but, all versions will have various flaws. Pick the one that you like and decide how you want to modify it to make it your own.

Ruby can source you the best UPO available by any of the other's dealers.

Don't get confused.

UPO is build by a factory where most of our dealers can buy it and resell it to us. Josh, Andrew, Homer or any other will sell you EXACTLY the same watch as Ruby, if you ask concretely for a UPO.

If you want the best price and the best service Ruby is the best. If you want to pay also for some misunderstanding "marketing", then take it from Josh or Andrew or any other.

that's why you pair it up with a rubber strap -- makes all the difference :victory:

200438-1781.jpg

deltatahoe

This thread has got me worried slightly.

I already have the black bezel PO 45mm from Andrew, but wanted the rubber divers strap [as pictured] so I ordered the orange bezel PO 45mm ETA from silix with the sole intention of swapping the straps/bracelets.

Are you saying that I may not be able to do this now?

• 2 weeks later...
I think the UPO from josh, Precious Time or andrew is the one that you can modify easy with double AR from Jakub (55 dollars) and a seperate dail with correct logo (about 24 dollars) from Silix. Then you have a priceless watch that can compare with the real thing.

Hi there, so, who is Jakub? where can I find a rep double AR crystal for the UPO?? Thx.