When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cannon Pinion

Francisco

Hello my friend

The cannon pinions that come with reps is to short. This causes two problems. First is in order to clear the running seconds hands the factory has to bend the minute and hour hand. Second, due to the height they cannot make the minture hand flush with the cannon pinion.

The correct way to fix it is put a taller cannon pinion in. Davidson sells the set, but you can also contact reputable modders to do this for you.

If you want the exact eta part number it is 240 for the cannon pinion and 250 for the hour wheel.

If you plan to do it yourself, just a word of wisdom: do not forgot to take apart the crown lever assembly, and crimp the cannon pinion when you reinstall it so your watch will keep accurate time.

Hope that helps

Cheers

T

On nearly all of the Swiss handwind PAMs the pin that sticks up that the hands go on is too short and easy to spot, even from a few feet away at the right angle. The fix is to install a longer pin that actually sits a hair higher than the hands where the original pin will be sunken. Do a search here and you will surely find pics of this. I think most of the asian movements have the pin correct, but are flawed in finish and decoration.. which would be ok for a closed back Panerai like a 001, but bad for a sapphire backed 111. Hope this helps.

Try to purchase reps with this issue already taken care of and you will not have to go through the extra humbug.

There are a few dealers here that offer rep Panerais with the right pin level. Happy hunting dude.

• 11 months later...
Here is a detailed post on what it is, and how to do the replacement youself.

Cannon pin PAM replacement information

RG

Hi Rob!

Sorry to bother you! I run across this post and Now the link is gone! Any idea what happened to it? I'm thinking of doing this project on a Fiddy that I just

got, and during my research, I found your post!

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

Sorry to bother you! I run across this post and Now the link is gone! Any idea what happened to it? I'm thinking of doing this project on a Fiddy that I just

got, and during my research, I found your post!

I'm trying to get it sorted out with Admin. He worked through turning "back on" the other tech posts of The Zigmeister that seemed to have disappeared.

• 4 months later...