When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does one remove the rotor on an ETA 2892?

Rolexman

You have a shiny ring with 4 cutouts on it, on the inside of this ring you have flats that when aligned with the flats on the bearing will allow the rotor to be removed, i had a small problem with my AT with the seagull where the retaining ring turned its self and the rotor fell off !, i got it back on no problems with a couple of screw drivers, i am sure that there is a special tool with 4 prongs to do this a lot easyer.

Those three holes do contain three screws, except they are inverted.

In terms of assembly, the rotor is actually a more attached part of the auto-winding mechanism than say the rotor on a 2836 or 7750.

See pics....

post-115-1195906312_thumb.jpg

And in situ...

post-115-1195906364_thumb.jpg

So you'll need to disassemble more than you're used to. What are you trying to do anyway? Rotor swap for logo?

@Z do you have special tool to remove the rotor or just use a screw driver to rotate it, i know you can get them off very well that way but getting them on is a pain as you have to put pressure downwards and rotate at the same time.

I use a grey screwdriver to rotate the spring. For installation I use my finger to get the 4 corners to engage into the bearing, then turn it. Once done I clean it off with Rodico...works fine, as long as your careful.

RG

@ Doc

I have never seen your style of Rotor attachment, it must be an aftermarket non-ETA one...looks as if it only comes apart from below.

RG

Really? Well it's not mine but a TZ Classics source - I remember this being asked before and have the review bookmarked....

(obviously replace the xx's with tt's)

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=934&rid=17174#msg_934

hxxp://www.chronometrie.com/eta2892/eta289202.html

Thanks for all the info guys!

I was referring to the Valgranges copy movement in the Chopard GTXL. I thought all the three rotor attachment systems were the same. Apperently I was wrong, sorry. This is the movement and rotor I'm talking about:

chos0083ho0.jpg

Do I just unscrew the three tiny screws?

Edited by Rolexman

• 6 years later...

You have come a long way mate ;)  I need one of these tools, and for what it is, and does, its damn expensive for what it is, so looked for an alternative, and found a clone of one for €55 euros delivered :D