When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Tech info.-CD FS

offshore

I posted this in another thread.

In case anyone missed it, am looking for responses.

Has anyone happened to get a copy of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=250190996328

Judging by the feedback, this guy has either copied this from an Omega CD, or scanned a manual. ( so I have few issues with copyright :p )

It would be useful info, to say the least, with the scarcity of Omega info on the www.

If anyone has a copy, I would be interested in a copy.

If not, I may get one..... would anyone be interested at say $5 ea plus post?

Just to defray the original purchase, and messing around recopying etc.

So if there is interest ( have noted yours Avitt) please leave a message here.

Offshore

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D4M,

Try it now, should be OK.

Long story short, Here is a copy/paste of his spiel. He wants GBP 19.99 plus post GBP2.

OMEGA TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND SPARE PARTS LIST FOR NEARLY 200 DIFFERENT OMEGA CALIBRES [iNCLUDING SOME OF THE NEW CO-AXLE ESCAPEMENTS]

THIS CD IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD TO ANY WATCHMAKER

IT ALSO CONTAINS A BREAKDOWN OF SOME CASE AND BRACELETS SHOWING YOU HOW TO REPAIR THEM AND WHICH TOOLS TO USE INCLUDING CONSTELLATION MODELS FROM 1982 TO MODERN DAY, WITH PART NUMBERS FOR EACH LINK AND PIN FOR EACH MODEL.

IT HAS INSTRUCTIONS AND LISTS THE TOOLS NEEDED TO FIT HELIUM VALVES, FITTING GLASSES, PROBLEMS, SOLUTIONS, AND TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE OVER THE YEARS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO SET UP MODELS SUCH AS AMERICA'S CUP RACING WATCH AND THE PILOTS WATCH

IT ALSO SHOWS YOU THE BENIFITS AND FEATURES OF LOTS OF MODELS AND THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DIFFERENT FAMILY'S OF WATCHES SUCH AS THE SPEEDMASTER, CONSTELLATION, DE VILLE , SEAMASTER AND EVEN INCLUDES THE CENTRAL TOURBILLON AND THE DE VILLE PRESTIGE TONNEAU.

BUT HERE COMES THE BEST BIT ! ! !

NEARLY 200 DIFFERENT OMEGA CALIBRES IN PDF FORMAT. THIS MEANS EACH CALIBRE CAN BE PRINTED OUT INDIVIDUALY FOR USE AT THE BENCH OR FILED FOR A REFERANCE IN ANY WORKSHOP. ALTERNATAVLY THIS DISC COULD BE KEPT IN ANY WORKSHOP TO MAKE IT EASIER TO ORDER PARTS OR AS A QUICK REFERANCE ON HOW TO SERVICE A PARTICULAR CALIBRE.

THERE IS A BREAKDOWN OF PART NUMBERS FOR EACH CALIBRE AND IT TELLS YOU WHAT OILS/GREASES TO USE.

IT ALSO HAS TECHNICAL UPDATES/IMPROVEMENTS[PARTS THAT NEED REPLACING] FOR MOVEMENTS THAT HAVE HAD PROBLEMS.

FOR MOST OF THE MODERN CALIBRES THE SERVICE SHEETS ARE VERY DETAILED WITH FULL COLOUR EXPLODED DIAGRAMS OF CERTAIN PARTS INCLUDING SETTING/ADJUSTING CHONOGRAPHS AND ADJUSTING SPRINGS TO THE CORRECT TENSION.

THIS CD ALSO SHOWS YOU IN DETAIL HOW TO ADJUST THE CO-AXLE ESCAPEMENT WITH DETAILED DIAGRAMS.

THRE IS FAR TOO MANY CALIBRES TO LIST EVERY ONE BUT IF YOU ARE WANTING A PARTICULAR CALIBRE THE CHANCES ARE IT IS ON THIS DISC.

Seems like info worth having to me.

Offshore

OK,

A couple of members, have PM'd me as well, and as no one appears to have a copy of this, I have ordered one.

Talked with Ziggy tonite, and we will come up with an arrangement for both Cd's.

I also have stage 1 of the Time Zone watchmaking course, as well as a couple of interesting PDF's on collecting watches, and profitability in watchmaking.(short books)

Once I get this CD, I will post again, and see what I can put together as a compilation.

Then those interested in all, or parts, can advise and I will send their needs.

Offshore

I've ordered the disc as well and am just waiting for it too. I wish I had read your post sooner as I would have rather just chipped in on your copy. (as I'm sure it is just a copy of the original) But if anyone is interested in cost sharing mine, I'm open to offers as well! :) (sorry, not trying to hijack)

A quick update on where we are at here.

I now have (or will soon have) the following available.

1. The Omega parts breakdown lists, and other info, as originally discussed.

2. The Time Zone Watch Course, parts 1 & 2 (Part 2 thanks to Zigg)

3. The ETA 7750 parts breakdown and repair CD.

Description of this from the seller is

Another quick update.

Everything is coming together nicely.

I was at the PO yesterday, and by quantity buying the mailers, and bulk posting, can certainly keep the post, mailer, CD cost to U$5. (worldwide)

Have converted all files (that I have) to PDF, and renewed my sparse knowledge of burning CD's. :p

I have now discounted sending these by email as too hard, so CD is the only option.

Now just awaiting receipt of a couple of files to complete the offer, and I will get burning.

Once I am ready to go, I will PM each member who wants items, confirm their needs, and supply an addy for payment.

I'm thinking this will be towards the end of this coming week.

Good stuff guys, and anyone else seeing this, just add your name and wants here.

Don't forget, I am kicking a % back to the RWG operation fund.

Offshore

A further up date.

WOW... I have just spent the last 2 hours, literally scrolling through the volumes of Omega info, available on this CD.

In 2 hours, I probably viewed maybe 5% of what this contains, and read much less.

It starts with Tech guides and info on Constellation, Speedmaster, Deville, Specialty watches including tourbillon, The Museum collction, articles on "Cleaning and dressing", calibre modification for specific models, and specific model tools.

The next section, is a huge series of parts breakdowns, for literally dozens of different calibres.

Following this are technical guides, for each specific calibre- How to's, oiling, problem solving, and individual calibre idiosyncrasies.

Finally there is a general info section, tools, various suppliers,etc etc (This is a tiny :p 260 pages)

This is a huge volume of info!! It is sorted and filed pretty well, so there is not the "Information overload" factor, sometimes associated with these things.

If you are an Omegaphile, or aspiring repairer, or just interested in the technical aspects of your watch, you really can't be without a copy of this.

For those of you with orders in the bin, I am still awaiting receipt of a couple of pieces of info, to tie this all together.

Still hope to have 'em in the mail by the weekend, or next Monday at latest. Will PM for payment as we get nearer.

Anyone else who may want a copy of this, or any of the other info above... add you name here, or PM me.

Offshore

Payments now received from- ar0401,toadtorrent,Sherrington & Phaedo.

Thanks guys.

I am working away on this industriously :rolleyes:

Damn, do you guys know how long it takes to copy 40 chapters on 1 subject!

Should be all done soon, will rollout the mailout over the next dy or so.

Offshore