When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello :)

dopamine

Hey all, just a quick hello, I'm a college student at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania but I'm from Folsom, California. Glad I found this site because it seems to hold such a wealth of information and expertise about a subject that I thought would be impossible to research. I'm really looking forward to my first replica and I hope that I make a good choice so that this can be an enjoyable hobby for years to come. That being said, I posted a help thread (http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=60536) in the Omega section to help me choose my first watch (after reading all of the community guides and reviews I could find carefully of course), so feel free to post there if you'd like to help out a newbie.

Kevin

Edited by dopamine

hi kevin, welcome to RWG :victory:

finding this site must be bittersweet for a college student -- all of these amazing watches and no income to buy them :o

regardless, good luck with your first purchase. given your age and the parameters you laid out in the other thread, i'd personally go for the asian steelfish w/ black dial...

cheers :drunk:

deltatahoe

hi kevin, welcome to RWG :victory:

finding this site must be bittersweet for a college student -- all of these amazing watches and no income to buy them :o

MAYBE, but maybe not, Deltatahoe. He's going to Wharton, one of the best business schools in the world (the best? Watch HBS grads kill me), so as a grad student in that field he must have an eye for a good bargain. ;)

But not to talk over you -- welcome, Kevin!

regardless, good luck with your first purchase. given your age and the parameters you laid out in the other thread, i'd personally go for the asian steelfish w/ black dial...

Perfect.

But if Kevin is looking for an Omega, the SMP Chrono looks great, IMHO. It's dressy and sporty at the same time.

Don't miss out on the sticky in the Omega forum, By-tor's Guide To Best Omega Replicas, Replica Buyer's Guide:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=426

:tu:

@Deltatahoe: You're right! He could be an undergrad. I think Wharton, and I automatically think MBA grad student. Pfff. ;)

He's going to Wharton, one of the best business schools in the world (the best? Watch HBS grads kill me), so as a grad student in that field he must have an eye for a good bargain. ;)

hmm.....i got the impression he was a college student, not a grad student :g:

well which one is it kevin??!! :lol:

regardless, i know i'm glad i didn't discover RWG as a student :D

deltatahoe

Guest watchbuff

College =Casio, Just kidding. Since it is a fresh start go with something that suits you, what car you drive, the clothes you wear. No sense in wearing a $18,000 replica watch if you are driving an 87 Civic. Also most college kids would not know the difference so get a watch with a namesake, like Breitling or Rolex, but do not go over the ntop with bling and gold, stay in the stainless tones polished seems to get more attention, something with chrono's that will help get a notice. A rep Navitimer is a good start for not much $$$. If you plan on doing everything with your watch on, get something more simple that will not have as much of a change of water getting inside it, like a basic Omega. Just dont be late for class.

When I wear one of my high priced, gens or rep wannabe's I always let the inquisitive ones know when they ask "It was a gift to myself", and it works.

Based on replies and some research, I'm thinking that the Noobmariner that TTK has is my best value for the money. I'm a bit wary of using MoneyGram and am unfamiliar with the process, and I just wanted to make sure that it would be a good deal. I was reluctant to get a Rolex at first, especially because of the assumption that most people will make that any Rolexes are fake, but it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

Kevin