When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Dive Watches

archibald

Scored Breitling an Blacpain catalogs @ the AD today. I'll take the Breitling in Bronze and the Blancpain in black, please...and if ythey can only do one, just the blancpain would be fine since the gen to super-rep price ratio would be ten to one instead of 3 to one.

post-53-1196305884_thumb.jpg

post-53-1196305895_thumb.jpg

Yep, I'm with you on the Blancpain. I've seen it in an magazine somewhere and sent it off to dealers asking them to look for it. So far no one has told me that it has been replicated (well, that was around 3 months ago).

I hope to see it one day, a nice perfect version would be fantastic! :)

I'm in love with the Fifty Fathoms!Lets get it repped, like we have done with so many other watches.So who's going to start the poll to get the board to agree on this and get one of the dealers to start working on it?;)

Alright Chiefy! Long time no smell by the way!:D

Moi

Edited by Jaymoi

I like the Blancpain, but am not impressed with the Breitlings. No lume on the dial means it wouldn't be very visible at night (or in deep water :lol: ) so I'd have to say "Close, but no cigar..." to the person who designed that watch :lol:

[Edit to add]

Sorry, I take that back... I just saw the tiny dots of lume above the batons :lol: Those're gonna be really visible :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by TeeJay

Personally, I think these watches are amongst the poorest representations of the brand. There are some really mesmerizing and jaw-dropping Breitlings out there, both highly complicated and standard, which would be ten times nicer to see repped. Moreover, there are some fantastic Breitlings already being produced that could use a few minor improvements to become real best-sellers. These new models from Breitling look like someone took a Submariner and said "let's design a watch like this" and, on that particular day, the design division was a little exhausted and wanted to go home early.

Blancpain.jpg

How sweet would it be to have a two-watch case with one of those beauties on the left and the reissue on the right?!! :wub:

@corgi I kind of agree with your thinking on the Superocean--they're not groundbreaking & wouldn't even be that interesting if they just did a 40mm black and/or silver dial version like Rolex etc...what make's them attractive to me are the particular shades bronze and blue, both of which are unusual and interesting in dive watches (the pic is off--the bronze is unbelievably gorgeous in person and the blue is a nice steel blue like panerai uses on the 120, 082, etc) the size (46mm, I think), and their complete and total reppability.