When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from South Africa

shultz

Hi all,

I have been absent for a while since I moved from Europe down to South Africa to work on an AIDS/ HIV project. A lot had to be sorted out but now I finally find some time to care for my beloved watch hobby. I am happy to say hello to the community from my new home at the western cape. The AIDS care centre which is located in a big township is quite successful with that helping project and I am very glad that one of our famous members here (I don

Edited by shultz

the blue turning wheels are BACK! good to see you settled in shultz :victory:

any particular new reps caught your eye? :g:

deltatahoe

Thanks for your warm welcome!

Yes, I've got some reps on my list:

1. Blackbird

2. Bentley 6.75

3. Navi World

All these big boys ^_^ The navi hasn't been improved yet, especially the a coating is still missing. And for the other two babes I am a bit confused because I noticed some differences by comparing our dealers offers....

Wow folks,

I am really impressed by that warm welcome! Yes it is a challenge for me (and my family which I have taken with me) to take one year off work to do something very different down here. After university and about 16 years on the job with serious business it was time to take one year off. Of course I m not a holy and ascetic man (I am still interested in collecting damn nice watches :lol: ). But it was time to give a bit back and it makes me happy to see how the people's situation (especially the children / HIV infection rate roughly 20%!) is improving step by step. Yes, the good fight is going on. The township where I am is located in one of the biggest and poorest areas of the Western cape. Of course help is needed all over the world and somebody may ask me why that 10.000 Km move? To be honest: It is the mix: SA is one of the most beauiful and challenging countries worldwide (other nations forgive me! ;) ) and I am enjoying all that every day. On the other hand I am engaged in that care project. A win:win situation isn't it? Of course I have been to SA before and I have got a lot friends down here as well.

@Daytona for me: I wish I had a $1Million inheritance :D Actually I saved many years to realize my work down here which is totally self-financed without any contribution.

Thanks again for your kind words, it makes me happy to see people like you on RWG!

Edited by shultz