When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Teddy Bear

Johnkaz

Oh, I'm totally grasping what you're saying about culture differences. Perhaps you're not grasping the fact that I'm just not buying it. I'm counting 49 majority-Muslim countries. And I'm sure it's fair to say that a huge percentage of them have laws derived from the Koran. But if people don't want to live that way, where is the mass outrage? I would expect to see revolts from time to time if the majority of the people didn't want to live under a repressive regime. In any given country, it could take decades to topple an unpopular government, but with ~50 countries to choose from, odds are that we would see some action somewhere every few years. So, really, we haven't established that the silent majority who want an anti-protest even exist. You just expect us to take your word that they do. Not good enough. Further, what 'dictatorial regime' is responsible for the Muslims in Canada and the UK who want to establish sharia law in their adopted countries? Now, I can believe there is a minority of Muslims who want the lady released without harm. After all, there is always some diversity of opinion in a large group. And the Muslims in the West are also aware that their public reactions are being watched, so it is important to realize that they may or may not be expressing heartfelt beliefs.

Enough time has been wasted, indeed... Amen.

Sorry, but if you are grasping what I am saying about cultural differences, but refusing to accept that those conditions are keeping people 'under the thumb', then this has become a cyclical argument, no longer a debate, and not something I am prepared to give any more time to. You mention the Muslims in Canada and the US who want sharia law established, but are suggesting that this is somehow wrong. As I have tried to make very clear, there is a distinct difference between the 'sharia law' specified in the Holy Qur'an, and the brutality of countries like Sudan and Iraq, where a distorted version of Islam is being used as a basis for their 'sharia law'. The name might be the same, but the basic principles (as I illustrated showing the Human Rights in Islam which are repressed by these so-called Islamic countries) are radically different.

As said before, if you want to properly understand Islam in it's pure form, then read a copy of the Holy Qur'an cover to cover. You will find it much more explanatory.

As above, it's time to put an end to this debate as it's now just going in circles.

Best regards.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TeeJay.....can I ask you a few questions...?

:lol:

TeeJay@

You are a minority when it comes to have you think about Islam,sad but true.

99% of all the muslims i now was happy when 9/11 happend that says alot..In schools in Norway many where happy after 9/11 it did even reach the news paper that kids where joy full after hearing about it..

I can only say i whish for muslims to be more like you Teejay..

Cheers

@dani.....I know you're a bit odd......but what's funny about my post above...and why did you mark it as funny...?

I just thought after this tread had come to 7pages and here you come whit TeeJay.....can I ask you a few questions...?

was funny since it seems he has answerd all posbel questions by now.

Maybe i em odd sir :animal_rooster:

Wow! 7 pages so far. What an interesting read this has been. What an even more interesting view into human nature.

It appears that our little community contains some extremely intelligent and well educated people. I admire them for that.

It would also seem that there are some very committed people as far as their beliefs are concerned. I admire that level of committment also.

Please note that nothing above is said with any kind of sarcasm.

I, on the other hand, am someone who could be (and often am) classified as a cynic. I am fond of this definition:

TeeJay.....can I ask you a few questions...?

Of course.

:lol:

TeeJay@

You are a minority when it comes to have you think about Islam,sad but true.

99% of all the muslims i now was happy when 9/11 happend that says alot..In schools in Norway many where happy after 9/11 it did even reach the news paper that kids where joy full after hearing about it..

I can only say i whish for muslims to be more like you Teejay..

Cheers

Indeed, the branch of Islam I follow is a minority branch, but, that is because it focusses solely on the Holy Qur'an, and not the hadiths of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. As I mentioned in a post above, there is a difference between 'the organization of religion' (whatever it may be) and the original scriptures of the religion itself. As illustrated, there is a considerable difference between the message Jesus taught, and what modern 'Christians' claim to be 'Christianity'. Islam is precicely the same in this, as the modern'concepts' of the religion, are additional and augmentations of the Holy Qur'an, and the Holy Qur'an is specific in saying not to add 'gods' to Allah, and is specific in the passage where the prophet, peace be upon him, was told not to guide people. 'Qur'an only'Islam mightbe considered 'minority', or 'going against the establishment', but it is the only branch of Islam which focusses solely on the Will of Allah, by not incorporating the hadiths of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. It is fair to say that it is 'Pure Islam', as it does not incorporate other ideas, and is the religion as specified in the Holy Qur'an. As a convert to Islam, I felt this was the branch which I should be following for those very reasons. I had not been 'raised' a Muslim, so was not simply following family traditions and practices (which could be inconsistent with the Holy Qur'an), but submitting to the will of Allah, in the manner Allah had commanded in the Holy Qur'an.

With regards 9-11, while I would never justify or agree with what happened, I would point out, that what happened, regardless of the claimed religion of those responsible, happened because of political and social reasons, going back many years to Operation Cyclone. I would point out that even the majority of the Muslims you know, are a tiny minority compared to the actual number of Muslims world-wide, and, while not all Muslims world-wide follow the same branch of Islam I do, the majority would certainly share the same basic views about the Holy Qur'an, the Human Rights it promotes, and it's commandments to treat othersand the less fortunate with kindness, and to show tollerance to people of other beliefs. It is not the place of Mankind to judge each other for any reason, that judgement is made by Allah and no other.

He hasn't answered my questions....!

If you ask, I shall try and answer.

Let's bring this all to a close with this good news from the MSN homepage:

A British teacher has been granted a full pardon after a meeting between Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir and two UK Muslim peers.

Gillian Gibbons is being freed following talks between Tory peer Baroness Warsi and Labour peer Lord Ahmed and the Sudanese leader.

Lord Ahmed and Baroness Warsi had lobbied for the early release of Mrs Gibbons who was jailed on Thursday for 15 days after allowing her class of seven-year-olds to name a teddy bear Mohammed.

Mrs Gibbons has been held at a secret location in Sudan's capital, Khartoum, amid fears for her safety after protests on Friday in Khartoum's central Martyrs Square demanding a harsher sentence.

Hundreds of people burned pictures of the 54-year-old, from Aigburth, Liverpool, chanting: "Shame, shame on the UK," and "No tolerance: Execution," and "kill her, kill her by firing squad".

On hearing the news, Prime Minister Gordon Brown said that "common sense" had prevailed. In a statement he said: "I was delighted and relieved to hear the news that Gillian Gibbons is to be freed.

"Common sense has prevailed. She will be released into the care of our embassy in Khartoum after what must have been a difficult ordeal.

"Through the course of Ms Gibbons' detention I was glad to see Muslim groups across the UK express strong support for her case.

"I applaud the particular efforts of Lord Ahmed and Baroness Warsi in securing her freedom. I am also grateful to our officials for all their work behind the scenes."

• 3 weeks later...