When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Finally Here!

tankster

This has been the watch I have pined for since I stumbled upon RWG - in fact, poking around online for info on the 3717 led me to RWG. I have since bought a couple of other reps, but always hesitated on this one given the issues around the A7750 and the "commitment" it seemed to indicate about modding it.

But finally - ordered it a few weeks ago from TWP, and here it is - I'm wearing it for a day before it goes off to The Zigmeister for a full service/DWs/lume and possibly Chief's December AR run. Man o man am I happy today!

iwc1.jpg

Sam

Nice.

These 3717s are really nagging me to buy one. Previously I had thought the only IWC I'd ever own was the Ingenieur, but after having AR'd many of these and seen the results I think I must have one of my own.

So what are all the potential mods for this watch?

- AR the crystal

- Replace the DWs with Valjoux (or replace the whole movement?)

- Lacquer the dial (saw someone do this, but why?)

- Lume the dial and hands

Anything else? That all seems pretty straight forward.

Nice.

These 3717s are really nagging me to buy one. Previously I had thought the only IWC I'd ever own was the Ingenieur, but after having AR'd many of these and seen the results I think I must have one of my own.

- AR the crystal

I'm currently tracking mine across the world with EMS can't wait. How much does The Zigmeister charge for the work, and how long will it take?

The Zigmeister is the one to ask for prices.

My experience will differ from yours, and so pricing will differ for each customer.

I think that DD/DW replacement, reluming, and 7750 service are pretty much whats needed.

Replacing the asian 7750 with a Swiss 7750 I don't think is really necessary in this watch.

From what I have been told, and learned from The Zigmeister is that a serviced asian 7750 works just great. But pricing depends on what you want to spend. Well worth The Zigmeisters prices. He is truly a Watch Master.

- AR the crystal

one quick comment chief about ARing this crystal -- it already has a rep AR coating (or at least mine from the original batch from EL did -- i've heard some of the later versions are different), which would obviously need to be removed before having your AR coating done.

just figured i'd let people know so you don't get a bunch of 3717 crystals with pre-existing coatings. plus, i'm not sure if ziggy will remove existing coatings for people -- i've just had him pop the crystal for me.

the 3717 is a beautiful watch though -- in the category of a super rep if you ask me...

deltatahoe

I figured I'd bump this thread rather than start a new one. The 3717 has really caught my eye and I'm curious if there's been an official review / buyers guild thread made for this watch that I"m not finding?

Are all 3717's created equally (should I stick with the dealer that I've used all along and I'm comfortable with) or are there different / better sources out there for this watch.

Thanks

The most recent offerings from regular dealers are the CN model of this watch.

The original 100 reps made of this watch came from EL, (He is not currently advertising his services)and were TW fabrication.

The original offering of the 3717 was a limited edition of 100 original pieces.

In my estimation they are superior quality compared to the recent CN models.

That is not to say the the CN models are all BAD, but according to recent reports, the CN have some QC issues that EL's original models did not.

The most recent offerings from regular dealers are the CN model of this watch.

The original 100 reps made of this watch came from EL, (He is not currently advertising his services)and were TW fabrication.

The original offering of the 3717 was a limited edition of 100 original pieces.

In my estimation they are superior quality compared to the recent CN models.

That is not to say the the CN models are all BAD, but according to recent reports, the CN have some QC issues that EL's original models did not.

when you say qc issues, what exactly do you mean? faulty movements, or shoddy worksmanship on the dial leading to inaccuracies, or poor build quality of the bracelet and pushers etc?

what issues do the CN models that are available for purchase now have?

many thanks if you can shed some light on that

i was thinking of going for this watch next, but am i right in saying that with:

correct eta day/datewheels

ar coating

servicing

luming

this watch is 99.9 close to the gen, or am i missing something?

Mine is part of the special EL run of 100. I have done the following (or Ziggy has I should say :p )

-ETA Day/Datewheel swap

-Movement service by Ziggy

-Double AR by Chief

I did not opt to do a re-lume as I think the lume is fine as is on mine but some have done this as well.

I am happy with my results

iwc3717postallmodskh8.jpg

Mine has arrived and I was very pleased with it. However I might be missing the point here but I don't seem to be able to adjust the day / date. Once the crown is unscrewed and pulled to the first point it doesn't adjust anything just freely spins? Pulled out to the next click it adjusts the time. Am I missing something really obvious here or did I get on that squeezed through quality control?? Please help as the rest of the watch is fine but the wrong misaligned date / day is beginning to annoy me!!