When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New To Forum And Reps

Hi all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've purchased three reps, all on the street. Two are decent and one is so laughable that I bought it for a friend as a gag. The two decent reps are an LV sub and a TAG Monaco 69. The joke was a quartz Canal St. Navitimer that didn't even have hands on the subdials.

First, I want to say thanks to everyone for having a open and sharing community. I'm not much of a joiner, having seen too many forums on a variety of topics dissolve into chaos, dominated by a couple of of "experts" with too much time on their hands. Everyone seems very helpful and talented.

Second, my post is one of concern. I've emailed three dealers asking for pricing information on several models and received no response after several weeks. I don't intend to name names, but am I violating some kind of unwritten rule by asking for price info? Is there a secret handshake or some such?

SB

Welcome. I suspect if you have only been a lurker and not a contributor, dealers may be a bit reluctant to communicate pricing information. However, what Jraines says is correct - they must post prices when they advertise models, I therefore surmise that you were asking about models outwith their displayed stock?

Nice to see you contributing now. Look forward to more of your posts.

JTB

Thanks, guys.

The emails were directed to two of the dealers through the contact link on their webpages and the third to an email in their sig file, asking about items in their gallery.

you may want to try and send them a pm through the pm system.... Unless it's TTK of course... He only likes e-mail

Welcome to RWG

All of us have entered the forums eager to take advantage of the wealth of information and watch offerings that abound here. And all of us have found out that there is a process of acceptance that comes through participation and interaction. If you actively participate I believe you will find that more and more doors will open and your understanding of which to choose will become so much greater.

Happy Hunting :thumbsupsmileyanim:

welcome on the forum...

all that you need is the connection on the net...credit card...and you can start your trip to bankrupt!

just don't look at pannies...cause you'll loose social life...GF-wife....friends....money....EVERYTHING!

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've got pretty eclectic tastes. My current wishlist: Omega Moon Watch, 45mm PO, Daytona, Navitimer Serie Speciale, PAM 212, TAG Monaco, Air King or Explorer 1, ad infinitum. Most recently I've been excited at the quality of vintage Breitling chronos from TTK.