When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First PAMs!

tankster

After wondering about them for some time, first not entirely convinced Panerai was really "me", and then reading how so many of you reported similar experiences before taking the plunge - I've gone ahead and opened my account. I decided to start sans mods, just to test the waters...

Submersible 087 - this is on a monster strap, some 6mm thick, and looks meaty and very macho. I wore it all weekend after working out ;)

PAM087-1.jpg

Titanium 036, awaiting a GEF strap

PAM036-1.jpg

@SSSurfer: Not sure I understand "to your appointment"? There are no mods, if that's what you're asking.

That's what Sssurfer was asking, I'm sure. :)

Good to know.

BTW, I know the 036 is to die for, but that La Bomba, 187, looks marvellous. Especially given you have a masculine outline, shall we say!

:lol:

I was going to mention this before, but if you haven't already, the rubber diver strap for the 47mms, in the so-called "new style" OEM Caoutchouc. That can run you about U$150-200, new in the Risti accessories corner.

They have a rep available for $35.00, though I've never dealt with this person.

1.jpg

http://www.ioffer.com/i/For-PANERAI-47mm-c...-strap-12695606

However, I haven't seen that style available for the 44mms. It seems a no-brainer that they would have it, since that bunched up look is excellent on such a beefy watch as the...wait for it...087. ;)

@SSSurfer: Not sure I understand "to your appointment"? There are no mods, if that's what you're asking.

Apologies for my -- as usual -- poor English. I was just asking if you are happy with your first PAMs. :)

The sub is not a La Bomba or a 187. It's an 064. 44m, not 47mm.

Actually the sub I sold to Tankster is an 087 1000m with blue dial. The 064, black dial with silver seconds sub dial (C series, limited to 500) is the original "La Bomba", although the 087 shares the same hulkish case dementions and so is also a "La Bomba" in it's own right. Now return to your regularly scheduled programing :D