When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which is best?

cleobis

The swiss Unitas 6497, the asian ETA Unitas 6497 or the lemania handwind one? I was thinking of buying a HBB, but the last couple of days I just can't stop of thinking in the Panerais and how good they would look :) So I've been looking for one and I'd like a handwind one, but Wich is the better movement of the three I told you?

Thks in advance

Best Regards

It is not too late for you, Cleobis... Six months ago, about when I joined the forum, I did not understand at all the Panerai thing... Overhype, by all ways... And funnily enough the HBB was one of the reps I would have thought I'd buy first...

Now I am considering to buy my third...Panerai (177H, which I am wearing now, 027A which some good friends from RWG will mod to make perfect...and now thinking of the 029).

Not too late for you, as I say...go for the HBB!! You will save a lot of money... ;)

Now seriously, until you wear one it is difficult to comprehend the wonderful mix between Panerai's simplicity and, at the same time, how much attention it draws... Don't doubt it.

The Seagull manual wind chronograph (Lemania is actually a misnomer) is a good, dependable movement never had any issues with mine. However that depends on if you want a chrono Pam. If your leaning toward the historic Pams 111, 177 ect. then the high beat asian 6497 is a good choice, it sports a swan neck with dagger regulator, decent decoration, plus you save quite a bit over swiss. I've owned several Pam reps with both the swiss and asian movements and the asian movements preform very well.

YEs I'll go for the Asian one...I already decided not to buy the HBB and buy the PAM a 111H is the one I'll have. I think it's a good choice for a 1st pam, simple and very "Pamish" :) and buying the asian really saves you a LOT of money and all I read showed it is at least as reliable as the swiss....:)

I'll post pics when I get it....can't wait :)

cheers