When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First timer went and did it - Check this out

zmankillian

Well, I have wanted a Rolex for as long as I can remember. Not wanting to spend the $$$ for the real thing, I delayed. I knew there were "copies" out there but never dreamt there was anything close to replicas. I stumbled accross RWG two days ago. After a lot of reading and some PMs, I made the following purchases this morning. Two will be gifts for others and the rest are for me.

RDJLS10020 SS Masterpiece Blue dial Diamond Markers Eta 2671

RLSS10004 SS Blue Dial (Summer Blue Special Ed) Swiss Eta

ROLSDA01 - Rolex SeaDweller SS

RDJLD0033 - DateJust Ladies Silver Dial Diam - Pres - Swiss 2671

ROLSUB0001 - Rolex Black Submariner SS - Swiss ETA 2836

I still plan to purchase two more within the day (from PT).

I'm not bragging here, I am just ecstatic that a deep desire can finally be filled. Now, I'll read some more on RWG, get me some tools, and eventually get into some mods once I understand enough about what can be done and how to do it.

Heck, I'll try anything twice.

Thanks to everyone who makes all of this wonderful info avaialble and also to the collectors who make the reps available. Now, were is the best place to get a new pearl....? Tee-hee! :D:D:D:D

I'm not bragging here,

Of course not. You're sharing, dude. That's what makes this place great!

I am just ecstatic that a deep desire can finally be filled. Now, I'll read some more on RWG, get me some tools, and eventually get into some mods once I understand enough about what can be done and how to do it.

I couldn't be happier for you, if I had bought them myself. And I will, I will. :D

Please post wristchecks, of the ones you keep! :)

Picks will be coming! I was just checking out a desktop studio for taking pictures of small items just like these. It has diffusers, lights, backdrops, etc, and runs about $80 US. It should be just the thing for pictures of watches. And yes, I've already figured out that pictures on the wrist are quite manadatory. :)I look forward to learning a lot from all of the collectors here.

Have you considered Rolex?
Xyphis, it has crossed my mind. I intend to do that one of these days.

I hate to say it, but this gentleman is the epitome of "rep noob". My first watch was a full gold DayDate, and I didn't realize how stupid I looked wearing it until recently... now imagine the same with diamonds on it... oh heavens.

I bet you in a few months he will look at those bling watches with disgust in favor of Panerai, Omega, Tag, Patek, or VC!

Corgi, to each his own. Although I would disagree on VC and Patek, in my opinion the reps of those are even more foolish looking. Never liked Tag (rep or gen) or Panerai (lord and wife know i've tried more then a few) and no longer have any omegas.

I now have 1 or 2 icons from each brand in my rep collection. When they stop getting worn they get sold of for something differant, but I still have my diamond bezel brit evo on leather and diamond bezel president. They are not daily wearers but work well for the right occasion.

Welcome, zmankillian.

I hope you do not mind my offering some friendly advice regarding your rep purchases, but I have to second Corgi's comments to you. It takes a very special person to wear gems on a watch (the type of person who drives a high-end luxury car, wears expensive (or very flashy) clothes & generally lives life large), and, even then, most people will assume such a watch is fake. And that assumes the gemstones are genuine and they have that unmistakable sparkle that only genuinely precious stones have. Wearing a rep containing or encrusted with CZs or other non-genuine jewels is tantamount to shouting

LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!

I AM WEARING A FAKE BLING-BLING!!!!!!!!!!

(FOLLOW ME TO WAL-MART!!!!!!)

Now, some people want that kind of attention and if that is you, then please accept my apology for wasting your time, ignore the rest of this post & do not let anyone talk you out of whatever breeze gets your kite airborne. But if your goal is to be taken seriously, I would try to fly under the radar, so to speak. Avoid reps with gems (they never look real) and, if you plan to be able to wear your rep over the long haul, stick with stainless steel whenever possible (plated/flashed/wrapped/laser-clad gold always wears off leaving you with a spotted door stop).

And let me say again that my comments are offered as friendly & constructive advice (based on experience) and are not meant or intended, in any way, to be a put down.