When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

lange,how true are these?

cleobis

Hi, after reading victoria's thread about Lange, I started to look for a good rep (which I know is almost impossible), I've seen some ok and the say they have working moon fase....I thought no rep had proper working moon fase...so:

Are these reps true in saying the moon fase dial actually works or is it just bs?

thks all

Well.. they are certainly true in terms of a working moonphase dial. That doesn't mean the dial shows the correct moonphase. AFAIK those subdials are simply connected to the hour wheel and turn way too fast....

Please correct me if there are reps with correctly working moonphase subdials.

Moonphases...never work as moon phase in these models, always as 'Day Night indicators' (Sun n Moon)

I have gained quite a reputation for getting good Lange & Sohne reps

But if you want likeness to the original, unfortunately you have to stay simple and NO date apertures

To this end IMHO to best replica in this respect is the RICHARD LANGE...............

RICHARDLANGE.JPG

RICHARDLANGE1.JPG

RICHARDLANGE2.JPG

To save you some Google time heres the gen:

RICHARDLANGEGenFss.jpg

RICHARDLANGEGenF.jpg

RICHARDLANGEGenB.jpg

I have seen some crazy stuff with the langes. "Lange 1" with 2 small movements showing 2 time zones, moonphase (actually am/pm indicators) It's nutty out there. I just like the general look of the watch, and it's so far fetched that accuracy wouldn't bug me too much as long as it isn't ridiculous. For this model, I don't really care what anyone thinks, I'd enjoy checking the time and seeing the close approximation of the elegant original.

Narikaa, that is one of the best I've seen, great find!

thks for the replys guys, very helpfull, as allways...

Narikaa, those are some stunning reps!!!!! :)

And Narikaa is British, so no EU problems in shipping, Cleobis. :)

Well, for example, I don't trust the French post and Italian post at all, but between Portugal and the UK, it should be fine!

@Emmzy: I was going to link to Narikaa's forum with the prices.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=63

But since the other day when I bought the Tag Link, he's taken down almost all of his rep watch sales! Boo.

Here is one that I literally just purchased from Narikaa (The send button is still warm :sun: ):

LANGE71002.jpg

Here is the gen:

lange1_large_g_101_032.jpg

Not too shabby for a A Lange rep. Odd that there is that translation error same as on my VC Jubilee 1755. Oh well, works for this dumb American :yahoo: . Is it perfect? No. Is it a nice looking watch? Oh yes :thumbsup:

Not too shabby for a A Lange rep. Odd that there is that translation error same as on my VC Jubilee 1755. Oh well, works for this dumb American :yahoo: . Is it perfect? No. Is it a nice looking watch? Oh yes :thumbsup:

Since that's what we can get, why not! :)

Sun to Sat...LOL. Love it.

And Narikaa is British, so no EU problems in shipping, Cleobis. smile.gif

Well, for example, I don't trust the French post and Italian post at all, but between Portugal and the UK, it should be fine!

Yeap, I've sent a lot of stuff between portugal and the uk (I studied in london for a year) and never had any prblms, so I will give "1st choice" to EU dealers :)

cheers