When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A watch that stopped now is working

Francisco

Just as a curisosity. I bought this Omega (fantasy I think) in HK for 25 euros.

img0811mk4.th.jpg

I like it a lot. One day changing the time...it stopped working. I did wind it, I did shake it, I did hit it.... no future :mellow:

After a week...it begun to work and it is still working well.

I would like to know why this happened and why the watch can be alive itself, with no help. Amazing for me.

Thanks

One day changing the time...it stopped working. I did wind it, I did shake it, I did hit it.... no future :mellow:

After a week...it begun to work and it is still working well.

I would like to know why this happened and why the watch can be alive itself, with no help. Amazing for me.

Hard to say what caused it to stop without opening the case & inspecting the movement. Most likely either dirt/debis or lack of lubrication -- both fairly common problems in reps, especially those that are powered by cheaper movements. Another thing I can tell you is NEVER to hit your watch. If it stops again and refuses to start after winding it (manually) for 40 turns, try holding it in the palm of your hand (dial side up) and rotating your wrist back-and-forth like a washing machine. Sometimes, that will free the stuck part & start the movement.

Hard to say what caused it to stop without opening the case & inspecting the movement. Most likely either dirt/debis or lack of lubrication -- both fairly common problems in reps, especially those that are powered by cheaper movements. Another thing I can tell you is NEVER to hit your watch. If it stops again and refuses to start after winding it (manually) for 40 turns, try holding it in the palm of your hand (dial side up) and rotating your wrist back-and-forth like a washing machine. Sometimes, that will free the stuck part & start the movement.

Thanks for your suggstions. After playing a bit with watch, it seems that something is wrong with the hask mecanishm. I mean, the second hand stops when your are changing the time, correct, but it has a problem to begin to run again when you press the crown. I bought ii in March and I want to keep it, I really like it -_-

Thanks for your suggstions. After playing a bit with watch, it seems that something is wrong with the hask mecanishm. I mean, the second hand stops when your are changing the time, correct, but it has a problem to begin to run again when you press the crown. I bought ii in March and I want to keep it, I really like it -_-

The movement will probably need to be serviced to fix the problem permanently. But try pulling the stem back all the way out and then pushing it back in. Try this 2 or 3 times if it does not work the first time. That may get it going for awhile.