When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ouch! That Big Bang deployment clasp bites!

BobM

I bought a Big Bang as a gift for one of my sons. I have received it, had it at the watch shop for service, and have it ready to ship to my son. But yesterday I wore it just to check it out.

The deployment clasp bites into my wrist! I am not sure he will be able to wear this watch. Is this just me or do others have this same problem? Is there a solution ... I guess we could take the deployment clasp off and replace it with just a buckle, but surely there is a better solution.

Any suggestions?

There are two ridges which protrude on the inside of the HBB clasp causing this issue. If you put a small bit of gauze or cotton to prevent scratches and squeeze the ridges inward, then this will fix the problem. Either that or do not wear the watch to tight. Try to avoid using hammers or belt sanders. :wink:

Some members posted their solution .. can't remember what they used to "pad" the inner clasp but i was thinking in the lines of those shoe inserts .. kind of a polyurethyne cushion.. you can measure it with the clasp, cut it with an exacto knife, and maybe use two way tape to apply.. that way it will be invisible from the outside ;)

funny though , the clasp does not bother me in the least.. but the breitling clasp does not conform to my wrist as well as the HBB...mmm.. but your son has your Genes thus your bone structure.. try doing a search on the topic.. it's there somewhere :)

I have none, since I don't have a pricey HBB yet. However, I remember RCHK had a beauty of a fix:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=48833

Dr. Scholl's just ain't for stinky feet you know, BobM. ;)

Well Vic since you don't have a pricey HBB and don't know how to fix it, RCHK' method while well intentioned, shows

those white bulging band aids should you turn your wrist over. I know because I tried, and it looks like crap. Using my

proven to be reliable common sense, I tried the aforementioned technique. Thanks a heapload for your suggestion.

Well Vic since you don't have a pricey HBB and don't know how to fix it, RCHK' method while well intentioned, shows

those white bulging band aids should you turn your wrist over. I know because I tried, and it looks like crap. Using my

proven to be reliable common sense, I tried the aforementioned technique. Thanks a heapload for your suggestion.

My other solution was going to be Skippy peanut butter. Try that and give us a shout if it works.

With the guidance provided here, particulary from the link supplied by Victoria, I was able to understand the effective solution.

I have used a small piece of door weatherstiripping ... rubber cemented that to the clasp/strap where the sharp points protrude. Problem solved! Thanks once again, you watch wizards!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I should have made clear is that when you use needle nose pliers to move the two ridges inward, do so very gently and not too far, as this will effect the clasp locking mechanism. Moving them ever so slightly will remove the 'pain' aspect entirely, as it has worked perfectly for me, but if you move the ridges too far inward, you wil find it difficult to unclasp, so while this method does work, be very careful.