When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking For Panerai Hommage Need Advice.

shive

Hi I'm new to the REPLICA or HOMMAGE thing. So bare with me on this! I have been wanting a Panerai for some time but my budget will never allow for that to happen...ever! A friend turned me on to the web site PerfectClones. I found the one I wanted the only problem was that particular model only came with an Asian 21j movment. I would prefer a Swiss Unitas 6497 17 J Manual Handwind movement, and I would be willing to pay for it! I have posted a picture and the stats below...Is it possible to find this same watch with a Swiss Unitas? Your advice is both appreciated and welcomed!

Thanks

Shive

Model : 18K RG Plated Black Sandwich Tuxedo Dial with Leather strap + Pre V Buckle

Movement: Asian 21J Automatic Movement

Functions:

Hours, Minutes, Secs ( 9.00 Subdials)

Dimensions : Dia 45mm x 11mm Thk

Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 316 stainless steel , 18K Thick RG plating... 5mils

Back : Display case back

Crown : One-piece Screw Down crown with o ring

Crystal: Synthetic Crystal front and back

Water-resistant

64649-33973.jpg

Thanks everyoneI e-mailed Joshua...I appologize if I offended anyone by using Joshua's photo. But I did not alter the picture or remove his LOGO so I wouldn't think this would be a problem! I guess being new at this game I did not want to e-mail Joshua with a dumb question! Thanks again for all of the advice and for sticking up for me :victory:

Shive

Thanks everyoneI e-mailed Joshua...I appologize if I offended anyone by using Joshua's photo. But I did not alter the picture or remove his LOGO so I wouldn't think this would be a problem! I guess being new at this game I did not want to e-mail Joshua with a dumb question! Thanks again for all of the advice and for sticking up for me :victory:

Shive

dont worry bout it, someone just needs to pull the stick out of his a$$.....

Why do you want a Unitas movement....it's a closed back case on the rep....nobody's ever going to see the movement....and even if they did...it would be a dead giveaway instantly ...an 8 days movement is dramatically different from a Unitas....!

PS....the dial pegs are different.....6497 shouldn't fit....!

Did you okay it with Joshua to use his image?

JTB

Sorry JTB but I think you are wrong here..

He used the photo to show us the exact watch he wanted and from the dealer he was interested to buy (by advertising him).

No need to apologize 'shive' :victory:

I have this watch and bought it from Neil. While I agree with you and normally try for an ETA movement, the Asian auto in mine runs well. SInce the movement is never gonna look or function like the gen, I'd say save the money, spend it on a really nice strap and get the Asian auto.

Dave

I have this watch and bought it from Neil. While I agree with you and normally try for an ETA movement, the Asian auto in mine runs well. SInce the movement is never gonna look or function like the gen, I'd say save the money, spend it on a really nice strap and get the Asian auto.

Dave

Hey Dave since you already have this watch can you give me an idea on how luminous it is???

Thanks

Shive

Calm down guys and take a chill pill. My point was about courtesy. I didn't suggest anywhere that rules were broken. I didn't seek an apology. I didn't warn the guy. I asked a question. It had one of these (?) at the end of it. Anyone notice it? (jees there it is again!)

Well meaning or not........if I ever want to use someone elses image of their watch (and I have done) I'll ask him or her first. I just happen to think it's nicer that way. N'est pa?

Neb - consider yourself in the "one to watch" category. ;)

JTB

He shouldn't have stuck his 'neb' in...

I know Rico. The poor guy clearly doesn't know me from Adam. As you, however, very well know... I'm one of these shy....nae...slacking mods who hasn't even issued a bloody warning to anyone.......ever! (Although that can change......rapidly)

He obviously just thought, for a bit of notoriety, that it would be a perfect opportunity to have a pop at a mod.

Duck!...........quack quack!

JTB