When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrew's Latest 45mm Po

kasigi

Is this a new version? I've been following the threads on the PO but I still don't have enough knowledge to see how this one is.

To me it looks pretty good, but in comparison with what I can find on the Omega web site, shouldn't the 12, 6 and 9 be in orange? Also the date window looks slightly too far to the left. It's difficult to see.

64705-33951.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...t=0entry64641

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=630

Thoughts?

K.

Guest avitt
not dumb, just good business sense on behalf of factory/dealers.

It's more likely that these different versions are coming from totally different factories. That's probably why some issues are fixed, while others are introduced.

Same as the aspire one - lots of flaws.

What are the main flaws that you see? Bracelet is now curved--Check, Logo is in the correct place--Check, Date window is correct color--Check, Engraved clasp and caseback--Check. I think it looks pretty darn good. Finally an ETA 45mm. When I get back from my trip, this will be on my shopping list.

What are the main flaws that you see? Bracelet is now curved--Check, Logo is in the correct place--Check, Date window is correct color--Check, Engraved clasp and caseback--Check. I think it looks pretty darn good. Finally an ETA 45mm. When I get back from my trip, this will be on my shopping list.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=6024

bracelet is curved, yes....but the bracelet on the gen 45mm PO is wider....

I'm glad to see its actually a sapphire crystal now but can't pull the trigger with out the AR coating. Its a dead giveaway. I'd also have to say that the 20mm bracelet is a dead giveaway too. Looks like they need to just drop this rep entirely and start over from scratch. Well maybe keep the dial but everything else needs to be re-worked. I'll stick with the 4th gen 42.5 for now!

Jon :victory:

The Asian 45mm I have has a sapphire crystal.

IMO this rep is ridiculously overpriced and a poorer choice than the equivalent Asian which, while having the same flaws, at least beats more like the gen.

This is a watch for ETA obsessives only and choosing the ETA movement actually takes it one step further away from visual accuracy.

PS. I have a spare crystal for mine and I am still investigating having it AR coated. I've enquired with a few opticians who say it is possible, but so far none are willing to try it in their machines in case something goes wrong :black_eye:

Edited by r11co

• 2 weeks later...
I'll hold fire then - I was tempted by this but it looks as though I might be better off with the 42.5mm version?

K.

TTK's version looks pretty good, you may want to check his in dealer's section. :group:

TTK's version looks pretty good, you may want to check his in dealer's section. :group:

not sure about this though:

......even the HE valve which everyone goes on about being incorrect....looks the same.....it's not actually offset....it's the upward angle of the case lug that makes it look slightly offset...an optical delusion....

on the original it looks pretty offset to my eyes?

Not so.....what makes it look offset is the upward sweep of the lug.....here's a gen.....with line straight from the pinion point straight thru the 10 baton.......you can see it virtually passes thru the center of the HE valve...which is offset by the upward sweep as I say......I compared the gen with the copy this afternoon........!

post-288-1150487527_thumb.jpg