When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It Just Me???

fitmic

I think your wife knows her soccer, I don't follow the sport much but if I had to pick a winner I would go for Brazil too.

Ken

i don't know about soccer or football as they call it. when i am in peru with her, as i don't speak spanish it is some difficult for me to find anything to watch on tv but i can usually find something. when there are soccer games all of the normal programming is stopped and the games are all that is on. it is very diffacult to watch a game you know nothing about in a language you don't understand. lol. the one thing i can tell you is they are into it. big time.

A very accurate summation of the Italian squad, unfortunately.. :(

(But, hey - England have problems with Rooney and Gerrard and they planning their victory celebrations already...)

Since this has turned completely OT....

Italy = Lack of creativity = nail on head = dismal performance = early exit (sorry r11co, I love Italy and Italian football just being honest :whistling:). If it makes you feel better, '82 was the first WC I remember and also by far the best ever! Rossi, the Brazil match, and of course Tardelli in the final.... :notworthy:

England - we don't all love that metatarsally-challenged fat b*stard by the way :bleh:, I just hope there's enough pies for him to eat in the dugout :lol: . I think the other teams are rightly far more worried about Gerrard who IMNBO (in my non-biased opinion ;)) can influence and dictate a game much more than anyone else in the tournament. Our only problem is that we have a disloyal, tactically-useless, money-grabbing, secretary-shagging, Mr Burns-lookaliking Swede as coach - the perfect man for when we actually play Sweden in group decider!!!

Spain - my second favourite team - strong year with Barca and Seville plus some great great players - time to step up and be counted boys, if you don't perform this time then don't bother showing up in future, I mean what's the bloody point?!

Argentina - only if Riquelme and Messi play to their potential, possible but doubtful due to fitness.

Netherlands - as per tradition, those guys could start a fight in an empty room, and no highly experienced old heads (Davids, Seedorf) to guide the talented youth (Sneijder, Van der Vaert)

Germany - may well have played their best game and shot their bolt in the first game - lack of competitive matches will likely mean early exit 2 round.

Dodgy selection too, I mean which moron was responsible for picking that ugly pig Claudia to appear instead of the delectable Heidi K???

Brazil - sadly, half-decent yet again (yawn, zzzzzzzz.....) :3a:

Scotland - exactly where Darwinism intended them to be - at home down the boozer (pub) with their Paraguay, Trinidad etc. shirts on :lol:

Edited by docblackrock

Since this has turned completely OT....

Italy = Lack of creativity = nail on head = dismal performance = early exit (sorry r11co, I love Italy and Italian football just being honest :whistling:). If it makes you feel better, '82 was the first WC I remember and also by far the best ever! Rossi, the Brazil match, and of course Tardelli in the final.... :notworthy:

England - we don't all love that metatarsally-challenged fat b*stard by the way :bleh:, I just hope there's enough pies for him to eat in the dugout :lol: . I think the other teams are rightly far more worried about Gerrard who IMNBO (in my non-biased opinion ;)) can influence and dictate a game much more than anyone else in the tournament. Our only problem is that we have a disloyal, tactically-useless, money-grabbing, secretary-shagging, Mr Burns-lookaliking Swede as coach - the perfect man for when we actually play Sweden in group decider!!!

Spain - my second favourite team - strong year with Barca and Seville plus some great great players - time to step up and be counted boys, if you don't perform this time then don't bother showing up in future, I mean what's the bloody point?!

Argentina - only if Riquelme and Messi play to their potential, possible but doubtful due to fitness.

Netherlands - as per tradition, those guys could start a fight in an empty room, and no highly experienced old heads (Davids, Seedorf) to guide the talented youth (Sneijder, Van der Vaert)

Germany - may well have played their best game and shot their bolt in the first game - lack of competitive matches will likely mean early exit 2 round.

Dodgy selection too, I mean which moron was responsible for picking that ugly pig Claudia to appear instead of the delectable Heidi K???

Brazil - sadly, half-decent yet again (yawn, zzzzzzzz.....) :3a:

Scotland - exactly where Darwinism intended them to be - at home down the boozer (pub) with their Paraguay, Trinidad etc. shirts on :lol:

Great post doc! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

JTB