When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A B C Tutorial "how To Make A Strap"

pubus

and if it will be of any use I am expecting from all of you (that will find it useful) a free leather strap! :lol:

OK?

thanks mate!!! these are very usefull links for sure! Id look at them a bit more carefull in the morning, as I will have more time for it.

A free strap would be something special :p Maybe some day when I will make one that would be so nice to offer it to anybody else :p

Keep up good posting Vladimir!! :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and if it will be of any use I am expecting from all of you (that will find it useful) a free leather strap! :lol:

OK?

I don't have the material time to make the things anymore (and I don't believe that it will also assist me the mind considering that I don't succeed in going out of my depression anymore).

Looking through the newspapers I see for a long time the straps of the PANERAI and not me like particularly.

I had thought therefore to draw a project of a sporting strap for the PANERAI.

I know that also to Vladimir loves these watches.

Then if some member is interested and even some measure furnishes me in millimeters of reference for the PANERAI and its fibia (sssurfer ????).

I will draw the project and I will make available for everybody.

I hope that my work can like and that someone remembers a free leather strap for dadog13....

Edited by MAHLER

I don't have the material time to make the things anymore (and I don't believe that it will also assist me the mind considering that I don't succeed in going out of my depression anymore).

Looking through the newspapers I see for a long time the straps of the PANERAI and not me like particularly.

I had thought therefore to draw a project of a sporting strap for the PANERAI.

I know that also to Vladimir loves these watches.

Then if some member is interested and even some measure furnishes me in millimeters of reference for the PANERAI and its fibia (sssurfer ????).

I will draw the project and I will make available for everybody.

I hope that my work can like and that someone remembers a free leather strap for dadog13....

Great project, Mahler, and thanks from all us PAM aficionados!

Straps for 44 PAMs are 24/24mm and 24/22mm, as lug-to-lug distance is always 24mm, while buckles are 24mm or 22mm.

I am sure that a member even posted a draw of a PAM strap, but I am currently unable to find it again. Maybe it was for a 47mm PAM, though.

Great project, Mahler, and thanks from all us PAM aficionados!

Thanks !!!

I will add ... if you wish, but no faster than this sunday :)

I wish :D !!!!

Thanks !!!

the drawing was posted at RWI...by a moderator enzo...

please the link ....

I don't have time for find !!!

I hope not to disappoint all the fans of the PANERAI!!!

c'mon guys...where are your projects... :lol:

i have so nice leather back home but so difficult to find time to start some projects...and with all this heat that is ...+40...i find difficult to move hands... :lol:

but,since i cannot do any of the mentioned...i can at least share few links with you, my friends!

so...here we go...(hope you'll find them usefull)...

sewing leather

sewing terminology

hand stiching techniques

leather craft supplies

tools

working with leather

well i think you had enough for a few days....

and now i wanna see some projects...PM me for info where to send them! :lol::lol::lol:

c'mon man, this is theory :D share some practise :p

I have 2 projects currently on, as soon as both will be finished you will see the pics.

theory is the base to be more efficient in practice... :D

I wish I had more free time to do some projects... :(

well @pubus...i am waiting to see some improvements after this "theory" lessons..

cheers,

Vladimir

The project has beginning.

For now you will have to be satisfied with this.

Shortly I will develop whether to realize it and I will show the relative schemes.

I'm sorry because I'm not very good to draw by hand free.

77419-31192.jpg

Edited by MAHLER

The project has beginning.

For now you will have to be satisfied with this.

Shortly I will develop whether to realize it and I will show the relative schemes.

I'm sorry because I'm not very good to draw by hand free.

77963-31073.jpg

No doubt a very original and challenging design, Mahler!

I just wonder how easy it is to get it realized -- uhm, not on my skills, at least.

I also wonder a little on whether it is going to meet the taste of PAM owners, usually very minimalist in strap design (differently from strap size :D).

No doubt a very original and challenging design, Mahler!

I just wonder how easy it is to get it realized -- uhm, not on my skills, at least.

I also wonder a little on whether it is going to meet the taste of PAM owners, usually very minimalist in strap design (differently from strap size :D).

I hope you have some trust... I am working for making it simple to realize...

The project is here.

PAM_STRAP_MAHLER.pdf

WOO!! This is superb project quide MAHLER, very hard to make and definitly worth to try out :)

And here are the patterns for 24/24 and 24/22 in 110/65 but easily adiustable :) Just a pic You print as it is and there you are :)

PATTERN

Edited by pubus

and by the way, after reading all this stuff you guys posted I ended my last but not least of course strap.

Its black leather with pale stitch, hipe you like it :)

some side overall shots

79355-30771.jpg

79355-30772.jpg

on the watch

79355-30773.jpg

a wrist shot

79355-30774.jpg

buckle shot

79355-30775.jpg

and final, profile shot

79355-30776.jpg

WOO!! This is superb project quide MAHLER, very hard to make and definitly worth to try out :)

And here are the patterns for 24/24 and 24/22 in 110/65 but easily adiustable :) Just a pic You print as it is and there you are :)

PATTERN

Thanks of the affection and good PATTERN... unfortunately I have exhausted the time to disposition to make the changes... but if some willing member wanted to try...

and by the way, after reading all this stuff you guys posted I ended my last but not least of course strap.

Its black leather with pale stitch, hipe you like it :)

Compliment you are very precise in the realization of the strap and you have good taste in the choice of the leather.

Not for nothing I have called you the"Great" Pubus!!!!

I wait with trust to see another good "artisan" to the work..... sssurfer... I not forgotten the strap made from you here ... aspect other braveries

Edited by MAHLER

• 6 months later...

i often thought about making a strap specially for my pam 183 g.

now i read this tutorial and i see that there are other people with the same thoughts...

taking some old leather which has its own character and create a really unique strap that fits to the watch and the one who is wearing it.

i took pics of the straps i actually did.

the leather is from an old chair that survived an fire...

take a look at it. and excuse my bad english...

post-5026-1169826948_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169826964_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169826981_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169827000_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169827011_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169827019_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169827029_thumb.jpg

post-5026-1169827036_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
wow :) great strap, love the leather :wub:

i thought this thread was a forgotten one but well :p

Im happy that ppl actually do straps still

cheers,

Kuba

I don't think I've ever chimed in on this thread. So I must say what a great thread it is. The problem for me seems to be finding sufficiently thick hides from which to make a strap. I've learned that I really don't like straps with internal filler.

wow :) great strap, love the leather :wub:

i thought this thread was a forgotten one but well :p

Im happy that ppl actually do straps still

cheers,

Kuba

thanks... it is really old leather. i had to put a lot of some lubricant we call "waffenöl" and after this beeswax on it to get it wearable.

now it is really smooth and doesn´t rip off my skin any longer. ;-)

i´m steadily looking for old and really thick leather. some old saddlers have such leather in stock. you don´t find two pieces that look equal. every strap will become unique. i love to work with this material. and my work gets better from strap to strap.

fortunatly i found some old tools from my grandfather. he did exclusive boots for the polish cavalry officers in the years before 1939.

i hope this thread will be continued... I wanna see some more handdrafted straps in here ...

regards

blackseal

• 1 month later...