When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

does your company track your every move via

2005SUBMARINER

yea :D thats the only thing that i cant do , i need my phone on 24/7 :huh: ..

but theres got to be a way to disable the gps function , iv already tried the ez pass bag , it does not work ,& i went into my fone & disabled the location finder & still does not work ..

can i remove the sim card & install it on a none gps nextell phone ? :huh:

yea :D thats the only thing that i cant do , i need my phone on 24/7 :huh: ..

but theres got to be a way to disable the gps function , iv already tried the ez pass bag , it does not work ,& i went into my fone & disabled the location finder & still does not work ..

can i remove the sim card & install it on a none gps nextell phone ? :huh:

Maybe but that won't solve the tracking beacon in your tooth. And you thought all they put in that "filling" was epoxy and colorant. Ha!

Actually I have a problem with this and if it was my employer I would have no hesitation telling them so.

I mean first the fact they want to know your every move during work hours seems a bit over the top to me, but what about after work and the weekends, your movements during these times is none of their business.

Ken

Actually I have a problem with this and if it was my employer I would have no hesitation telling them so. I mean first the fact they want to know your every move during work hours seems a bit over the top to me, but what about after work and the weekends, your movements during these times is none of their business.Ken
yea this sucks big time ! big big brother ..:p
Wear a tinfoil hat. :D

Ok off work I'd keep the damn thing off. Period. If they complain you don't answer your phone explain politely that since they feel the need to track you so vigilantly on company time, you see no need to be tracked OFF company time, furthermore it'd be a waste of company resources to use a company phone outside company time.

On company time, however, I don't see the problem. Perhaps it's just me, but if they are paying you to do something, somewhere, and they have the means of finding where you are, it's well within their rights to use it. They aren't hiding it from you, since you know the phone's capabilities. I know lots of factories and office buildings with cameras that run day and night, and I don't see the difference with these phones. If you don't like it, don't take the paycheck. Kinda like OTR truckers, I'm sure most of the company rigs have GPS in them.

There should be an option somewhere in the settings that will allow you to turn off the GPS. If not, keep the phone in your glove box, pocket or something like that. True GPS needs to fix on the satellites thus requiring it to be outside your pocket, car, house etc...

I find this very creepy. What kind of work atmosphere does this foster? I think that the environment that this kind of thing creates would be very negative. Best wishes to you on this. I would always turn off the phone when not using it and when it is off people who call can leave messages that you can return calls to later.