When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix 007 Omega Seamaster

Bam Rock

Silixwatch sells this watch here:

http://www.silixwatch.com/product.asp?id=819

for 49 euros.

Trusty sells this one here:

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=169

for 108$ plus shipping. If I buy with a friend of mine and split shipping the silix watch is cheaper and I don't really mind the extra waiting from silix. My question is do you think the watches are the same quality? I think tey look the same and I'm sure they both have the same 21j movement. I really like this watch and I think it's different. I need everyone elses expert eyes though to tell me if you think theyre the same watch on both sites. Also if you notice any imperfections from the gen please let me know. Even if it's something small I'm just curious. I know its 40mm which I haven't been confirmed that they offered this watch in that size. Anything else?

This cheap asian is flawed... do yourself a favor and get the ETA.. It's probably one of the best replica you can buy so don't cheap out on this one.

Well I do like this watch and it's different which I like. But I don't know about spending 250$ on it. That sounds a little steep for it because I'm not completely fanatic about it. I think for that money I'd rather the tantalum panerai. But I do like this watch so can you tell me the things that you notice are different on the asian and swiss rep? I know the case is a different size off the bat. What else?

Also thanks for pointing out the bezel difference on silix and trusty. I'll just stick with trusty when I buy whichever version because the price isn't much different on them.

This cheap asian is flawed... do yourself a favor and get the ETA.. It's probably one of the best replica you can buy so don't cheap out on this one.

I've heard good things about the $108 007 ...

That 21j movement isn't all that bad, and if you don't want to pay 2.5x the price for what's not 2.5x the watch, it's a steal.

Check out Angel & Jay's silix-prime site. It loads slow as hell, but I know they use to have the 007 Omega with an ETA, and around $150 too. The only thing is they stopped taking PP . . . too many problems with getting their money, but they do give you a lot of other options. You can ask them your questions by emailing them & they will get back to you within a day or so. They are really good people and completely trustworthy, so the no PP is really no big deal.

Here's the link & yea, it's a buck & a half.

http://silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1320

B

Thanks for the link Brian...I'm checking it out now. I was actually looking for it on silixprime but we all know how that website's going these days.

Pug I know you've seen me talking about this on darkside already but I was just trying to chime in here as well. I'm kind of of that mentality as well with the whole asian vs swiss thing. I figure that if I'm paying 120$ for a watch then I'm not really going to be too upset if the thing stops working after a short time. If I REALLY like the watch that much I can buy a new movement or get the swiss version and I'll still be paying way way less than the gen. That's what I'm wondering about the 108 now. Is the only difference really the movement inside because I'll certainly be buying the cheaper version then.