When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus' Ultimate 111H with some DIY mods...

SWATCHman

Got this Ultimate 111H from Angusyesterday. I put it on a Black sport calf leather strap (big copper stitch)

by Manifatture Firenze. Then I did some minor DIY mods. I filed down the crown guard to make the fit with

the case more flush. I overdid it a little bit (it's a [censored] to hit the right angle), so I had to file down the lever

a little bit as well. I removed the lever pin and filed it plain to make it flush with the crownguard surface.

That worked ok for the first attempt. Then I used heated glue to fill the hole in the lever. After the glue

cooled off, I heated the pin an reseated it. Makes the lever nice and tight and removes wobblyness.

Even if this is amateur stuff, I'm pretty pleased with the result. Plus I'm very pleased with the watch

Angus delivered to me initially. Enjoy the pictures...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

Untitled-1copy-2.jpg

I gave the lever Pin another go today and filed the crown some

more. Obviously I have no life!!!

27m.jpg

26m.jpg

25m.jpg

Edited by SWATCHman

I just went through a DIY CG mod with my new Angus 111h too! B)

angus111h1.jpg

angus111h2.jpg

Doing a much better job than I did. The lever pin looks absolutely

perfect. I will probably have another go at mine, but the hole

is not drilled as well as on yours. So there is a sunken part just

below the pin on the crown guard. Thanks for sharing!!

*wow* that looks great... I'm waiting for mine to show up ... been waiting since I got notification/tracking a week ago, pooh holiday season.

now I'm looking forward to mine even more....

although I did just recieve a 3717 to tie me over in the mean time :) :) :)

Doing a much better job than I did. The lever pin looks absolutely

perfect. I will probably have another go at mine, but the hole

is not drilled as well as on yours. So there is a sunken part just

below the pin on the crown guard. Thanks for sharing!!

What did you use? I wetsanded with 400 grit to start, then finished off wetsanding with 1000 grit sandpaper.

What did you use? I wetsanded with 400 grit to start, then finished off wetsanding with 1000 grit sandpaper.

I just experimented with filing it down a little bit, then I use 600 grid paper and

drysanded it a bit. But is was already 2 in the morning and I just wanted to be

done with it. I had just spent the previous hour finding one of the screws that

fell into my rather deep carpet. I did my wifes 217 yesterday, the results can

be seen in the modding section. That went better. But still room for improvement.

I guess you sanded crown and pin together, right?

I am looking at some of your pictures and it looks like the crown guard is not fitting tight to the watch on each end. A gap exists at the end that looks big enough to slide a paper under it or at least see daylight if yoiu were to hold it up to a light. Maybe it is just the image or a shadow.

Usil

I am looking at some of your pictures and it looks like the crown guard is not fitting tight to the watch on each end. A gap exists at the end that looks big enough to slide a paper under it or at least see daylight if yoiu were to hold it up to a light. Maybe it is just the image or a shadow.

Usil

If you look at the last two pics, the gap is pretty much removed. Had to do some

additional sanding to achieve this...still not perfect, but hey I'm still young, lots

of time to take care of this.

I can appreciate your desire to do this yourself but for a watch that has been specifically assembled and sold as a modded watch - this just seems like the modder should be responcible for this. This is a quality issue that, for a modded watch, you should not be responcible for.

Usil

I can appreciate your desire to do this yourself but for a watch that has been specifically assembled and sold as a modded watch - this just seems like the modder should be responcible for this. This is a quality issue that, for a modded watch, you should not be responcible for.

At least the CG was attached! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...