When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Electric toothbrush, Anyone?

ajoesmith

It is matter of if you are brusing properly rather than relying on performance of electric brush. Before plunge $$ for electric brush, try this. Get plaque disclosing tablet or solution from your dentist's office or drug store. Brush with your usual brush, then try disclosing tablet. It will show you if your brushing technique is good or not. Most time, you will find habitual brushing which may leave out plaques on your teeth. If you tend to brush with force, meaning brushing hard, get a soft brush. If you are inclined to get electric brush, Rotadent is a good electric brush. Not widely known but many hygienist would recommend it. For me, again, it is matter of proper brushing technique over technology.

Another Sonicare Elite user, for the last two years. Before that we used what is now the base Sonicare. I switch back and forth between the Sonicare and a manual brush due to laziness, and depending which bathroom I'm using. But the Sonicare clearly does a superior job, and I'm no slouch at the "elbow grease" approach to brushing. A good investment, in my opinion.

You will be amazed just how much cleaner your teeth will feel with an electric toothbrush.

I have been a convert for over 2 yrs . now, and there is no way I would go back to manual.

By the way , the Braun replacement heads are available on most Ebays , The last time I bought 2 dozen, at A$1.50 each.

Change them at least every 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking of buying an electric toothbrush as apparently they clean better

Any members use one?

I have been doing some research and the Oral B triumph or Sonicare seem to be pretty good

Any advice?

Cheers

Have a Philips Sonicare since more than 5 years, I need to replace it, after my research and considerate the OralB Triumph model, I will re-buy a Sonicare. It's better than OralB.