When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally received my modded PAM111h

keeno

Hi all

Around six weeks ago i ordered a fully modded PAM 111h from one of our trusted collectors and today it finally arrived. When i opened the package i was absolutly gutted with what i had received. First of all the crown guard wasnt even attached to the watch. Also the crown doesnt sit close to the case when its closed. It also looks like the dial isnt square and slightly off centred to the right, im not sure about that one though. And i had paid extra to have a stainless bracelet but got a standard brown leather strap instead!!!

I ordered this watch from this collector because he does all the mods himself and also tests and inspects the watches prior to shipping.

Ive tried to screw the CG back on but it seems that the screws arnt long enough as they wont screw into the case.

Id rather not name the collector but just hope that he sorts it out.

I understand that with drop shipped watches there is always the risk that there might be problems but you expect much better service when you pay a premium for a QC'd watch!!!!! :unsure:

Here is a picture of it, please excuse the bad mobile phone picture.

Thanks

The same exact thing happened to me, must be from the same dealer, ordered a 111h, with bracelet, and got a leather brown strap instead. Also, the CG had the same issue. I simplly emailed him, and he had a replacement cg, and steel bracelet in the mail the next day...u should email him first.... yes the qc was horrible, but in the end, the watch turned out beautiful

I think the first shot should be in private between buyer and seller. Seems like this shooter went right to the post which is why the reaction you are seeing D4M

agreed,, that is always best... but bring out the .50 cal. fire over the bow.. get the attention.. scare the hell out of anyone who has a modded watch on order with anyone... all in a nights posting.. lol :o

Maybe I should start a thread about my crown guard issue... there is nothing guarding the crown, big question is who's watch?

1738858_84ec01c830_l.jpg

I'll supply you with a drum roll, if you want, but these kind of posts IMO are purely selfish. Couldn't you threaten TWP w/ a bad review privately? Keeping members in the dark so they can get ripped off while you try to leverage the threat of a bad review is one thing, but what makes you think I'm willing to volunteer the time it took to read your completely useless post ("I got a bad watch, and if he sends my money back I'll never tell who sent it") so you can get a refund? I know a public threat from a two-poster (and slai) is has a huge dramatic impact, but all you're doing is wasting our time.

Posting this post without working directly with the dealer to see if they will equitably solve it is unfair to everyone. You are not going to embarras a dealer into doing the right thing because you have not given him the chance to do the right thing. If he does not fix the situation criticize away in the public forum.

Ah the voice of reason kicks in and I thank you for this.

@Victoria yes you do know my personal problems but let me do some explaining

Keeno

I have modded over 50 watches for board members and other then a few hiccups along the road my record has been flawless. I am a standup guy and would have appreciated just a little appreciation towards me, my reputation should deserve at least that. Okay i am a meticulous packer especially when i ship overseas.

Keeno's packaga came contained in a free panerai two watch case holder that you find off ebay. Failure to mention that, but that is besides that point. The watch was put without straps but with the crown guard attached and the crown working. The leather straps which you can keep were packaged on the other side of the soft padded panerai watch cased. Now the ss bracelet I assume full responsibilty and will get you one out in the morning when i go to the post office.

The issue of the crown guard, when it left my house it was fully intact. I would never ship a watch without a crown guard and complimentary I often mail two extra screws because i know some people may strip the guard.

Now as far as the crown goes. The gen crown is 1.9 mm and is not flush with the case. The crown that you have is 1.89 nmm and is not flush with the case. Just like the gen.

Third, after all this time do you not think it would be detrimental to me to mail a watch in a condition like this and expect a review such as this. Well if i love what i do then hell no.

I have emailed you and have offered you a crown guard replacement and a new crown. I have also suggested that you should go to www.strapculture.com to pick up a free strap courtesy of me and your troubles. I will have seth dispatch directly to you, or i can give you a brand new croc strap that is currently not available $140 USD value. Or i can give you a 100% refund.

As said things do happen, but i can reassure you and everyone else on this board that i did not mail your crown guard seperate in a plastic bag. I have trashed about 20 cases just because the screws have stripped. Others would not do that.

So at your conveniance please check your email. I think that i have made some pretty nice offers that will work for you. Again, sorry about the ss bracelet, it will go out in the morning. If you would be wiliing to ship the watch back to me, i will pay for shipping and send you a brand new one.

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP

Rock on TWP. Your post is great. I'd be happy with the offer you gave if it was me with the bad watch.

As for the OP, why all the secrecy? You should have emailed TWP first before posting here. You posted but then wouldn't say who it was. TWP took the bull by the horns and came right out and said it was him. This should have been posted as a last resort.

Edited by bazonkers

we need this guys like twp and for example FF (falver flav)!!!

I//robi

robi,

You are partly correct. But what we don't need, is to see the extremely high levels of complaint and incompetence we have recently witnessed.

Our hobby needs modders who are accountable, know what they are doing, do not misrepresent either their ability or prices, do not draw out unnecessarily deliveries... in short.. we need people who are professional about what they offer.

To this end, the admin team here, are currently drawing up a set of guidelines for modders, AND their clients

Cos as we've seen too often... it IS a two way street.!

A modders section will be established, where they may exhibit examples of their work. They will also be required to publish a list of prices charged for various works. There will also be a section for critiques of work completed.

This is all still under review, and being refined, however it will become an integral part of our forum, and hopefully alleviate some of the problems, expressed here of late.

We WILL root out all the fly-by-nighters and shonks, those with exagerated opinions of their ability... in short those who want to cook.. better know they can stand the heat... then they may be allowed in to the kitchen.

And those who wish to offer less than satisfactory work and practices, are well advised to take their offers elsewhere.

Because it won't be accepted here.

This forum is, to the best of my understanding, the only one to have thus far banned suppliers of sub standard work and practices.

We are here for our hobby, our members, and our enjoyment.

And we get little joy in seeing a constant stream of complaints about poor work.

A line is being drawn.

Offshore

Rock on TWP. Your post is great. I'd be happy with the offer you gave if it was me with the bad watch.

As for the OP, why all the secrecy? You should have emailed TWP first before posting here. You posted but then wouldn't say who it was. TWP took the bull by the horns and came right out and said it was him. This should have been posted as a last resort.

I am sure he waited an acceptable amount of time for a response. Believe me. The problem with this is that we see the dealers online several times a day on different boards without a reply to the emails of concern. When this occurs, you can't help but wonder in a semi-anxious state W*F.....Some people have more invested in there collection than others and each bad ending would have a different financial impact for each of us. I completely agree with a criteria or standard being established...maybe even post some kind of bond for security to mod or deal commercially? I sincerely hope this situation is not repeated on any level for ALL involved.

Ah the voice of reason kicks in and I thank you for this.

Keeno

I have modded over 50 watches for board members and other then a few hiccups along the road my record has been flawless. I am a standup guy and would have appreciated just a little appreciation towards me, my reputation should deserve at least that. Okay i am a meticulous packer especially when i ship overseas.

Keeno's packaga came contained in a free panerai two watch case holder that you find off ebay. Failure to mention that, but that is besides that point. The watch was put without straps but with the crown guard attached and the crown working. The leather straps which you can keep were packaged on the other side of the soft padded panerai watch cased. Now the ss bracelet I assume full responsibilty and will get you one out in the morning when i go to the post office.

The issue of the crown guard, when it left my house it was fully intact. I would never ship a watch without a crown guard and complimentary I often mail two extra screws because i know some people may strip the guard.

Now as far as the crown goes. The gen crown is 1.9 mm and is not flush with the case. The crown that you have is 1.89 nmm and is not flush with the case. Just like the gen.

Third, after all this time do you not think it would be detrimental to me to mail a watch in a condition like this and expect a review such as this. Well if i love what i do then hell no.

I have emailed you and have offered you a crown guard replacement and a new crown. I have also suggested that you should go to www.strapculture.com to pick up a free strap courtesy of me and your troubles. I will have seth dispatch directly to you, or i can give you a brand new croc strap that is currently not available $140 USD value. Or i can give you a 100% refund.

As said things do happen, but i can reassure you and everyone else on this board that i did not mail your crown guard seperate in a plastic bag. I have trashed about 20 cases just because the screws have stripped. Others would not do that.

So at your conveniance please check your email. I think that i have made some pretty nice offers that will work for you. Again, sorry about the ss bracelet, it will go out in the morning. If you would be wiliing to ship the watch back to me, i will pay for shipping and send you a brand new one.

Cheers

TWP

I have been in touch with TWP and he is building me a new watch and sending it out tomorrow. He has offered to pay for the shipping of the faulty watch back to him but i will pay that myself. I have been thinking today and feel that the thread i started was out of order and unfair to the reputation of the collector so i would like to apologise to TWP for any trouble that i might have caused. I still am upset that the watch i recieved was faulty even though it had been inspected prior to shipping but i should have given him more time to make it right before starting this thread. Ive been a member of this forum for a couple of years and read every day but not an active poster so i guess it was noobish of me to write what i wrote.

So sorry TWP for this and i look forward to receiving my new watch and doing business with you again.

Keeno

I have been thinking today and feel that the thread i started was out of order and unfair to the reputation of the collector so i would like to apologise to TWP for any trouble that i might have caused. I still am upset that the watch i recieved was faulty even though it had been inspected prior to shipping but i should have given him more time to make it right before starting this thread. Ive been a member of this forum for a couple of years and read every day but not an active poster so i guess it was noobish of me to write what i wrote.

Keeno

Well, I would not exactly be so hard on yourself. Keep us updated on the end result......

Thanks for the explanation, TWP. I knew you'd come up with some legitimate reason why the watch was sent out as it was.

My MAIN concern was that since the most prominent modder in our world has cited bad modding as the main reason he's stepping back from the forum, that you wouldn't be hounded like a beast because of this.

Obviously, you don't have duplicate accounts and the like, and you're a trusted collector who I myself have bought from, so you have more clout. But given the atmosphere, I was genuinely concerned.

It's important to give people some idea of your personal struggles but apologies if that wasn't warranted.

BTW, hope you are better. You have an email from me about our unfinished business waiting when you have the time.

I'm glad it's being sorted out Keeno. Don't be too hard on yourself. Good luck! :)