When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which PAM and which STRAP (yes, vbarrett the strap masta could help)

john smith

Hey guys,

my first awesome PAM and still awesome is a dsn 111h with strapculture legend brown/brown stiching...

which goes GREAT which jeans and casual outfit... Im still going to university so it's all great.

Anway, Im going more and more the good suit / burberry way...

Suit is sometimes beige (light brown) or dark blue... Not so much black.

So what do you got for me?

I thought of the obvious 177h or even 195 (don't know if it's good repped tho)

and Straps I don't know

Edited by john smith

John, I'm just on my way out, so I'll send you a more personalised PM later. Until then, munch on Erwinner's 177h SOS thread:

"177H arriving soon; which strap/buckle best matches?, your help is highly appreciated!"

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=297717

For informal occasions, it's hard to beat Maxmilian's Tan Capretto strap:

298073-609.jpg

I think this is what you referred to, Slai's StrapCulture strap:

297744-755.jpg

P4GTR's SC strap is awesome too:

299674-3167.jpg

The Toscana Fiero strap is your all-purpose Burberry suit/jeans strap and ultimately what Erwinner chose:

304296-75.jpg

I use this almost as a mantra, but you can't beat these straps for quality. Daily Specials:

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/Special

@John followup: Just let me know if this is enough info, or if you need a PM with more stuff. Decided to see if you had enough to go on. :)

if you are looking for a pam to wear with a suit (which is already relatively tough to pull off given their size), i'd suggest a radiomir model -- they have a thinner profile and therefore sit nicely on the wrist & under a shirt cuff.

pair the radiomir with a gator strap from the watch boys and you've got yourself a winning combo :victory:

here's my 183 on black gator from the watch boys:

dsc00159jm8.jpg

deltatahoe

thanks a lot vic (you changed your nick?) but are not thoses straps a little too big? I mean, a PAM with a 5mm strap is the best but in a suit a small one like the gator of slai and deltatahoe seems to be good

anyway, yeah the Toscana Fiero strap is great with that white stitching... damn do I go for a 5mm strap or less

:wacko:

btw it seems I have the strap you call P4GTR from strapculture for informal purpose (it's great)

nice one the gator guys

Edited by john smith

thanks a lot vic (you changed your nick?)

Yes, one of the big reasons being I wanted to encourage people to call me by name and leave the initial V to V. ;)

but are not thoses straps a little too big? I mean, a PAM with a 5mm strap is the best but in a suit a small one like the gator of slai and deltatahoe seems to be good

Hmm, yes, if you're looking for a thinner strap, stick to the Toscanas, which are 4mm, but wear thinner. Manifatture Firenze straps are nice and thin, without being wafer thin (3mm). You needn't pay full price, as they have them on resale on Risti, but this is their site:

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php

Good wrap-up strap thread (I forgot!):

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46676

btw it seems I have the strap you call P4GTR from strapculture for informal purpose (it's great)

Brilliant!

nice one the gator guys

If you go to Repgeeks, you'll see a Wristcheck with a TWB gator, as well. Very nice. Might get one. :)

Hey, just stumbled upon this thread... i love Maxmilian's Tan Capretto strap... where/ to whom do i go to get this?

Hey Andrew -- was going to PM you, but my Inbox is at 100%. :help:

It's in the Timeconnection.biz site I linked to above in the Daily Specials. For your convenience, here is the exact section.

http://timeconnection.biz/page/timeco/CTGY/TS

UNFORTUNATELY, they seem to have run out of the strap, no doubt temporarily, as it was on $19.99 special all of last week. It's a $109 strap normally! Keep checking the site, especially in the Daily Specials area, for it. Might take about two weeks to restock though.

I have almost all the Toscanas, and it is by far my favourite except for the Fiero/Arruginito. Some photos to whet your whistle:

fiddycaprettotansidehanal4.jpg

fiddycaprettotanwristiepj8.jpg

(With my enormous strap rotation, there is no chance to get the patina Maxmilian's has. But it will)