When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Ice Bang - Is it out yet?

Mainspring

Hey gang,

I was searching the web for an Ice Bang rep and seemd to have found one on ioffer for about $500. I was just wondering if this rep is already out, or if the pics shown there are of a real watch. Can one of the dealers or forums Vet's please confirm.

thanks

M

Attached is a pic. Mods please remove if the watermark breaks any rules. sorry

post-1887-1198007614_thumb.jpg

Hey gang,

I was searching the web for an Ice Bang rep and seemd to have found one on ioffer for about $500. I was just wondering if this rep is already out, or if the pics shown there are of a real watch. Can one of the dealers or forums Vet's please confirm.

thanks

M

Attached is a pic. Mods please remove if the watermark breaks any rules. sorry

It's already available, look at the movement, that's a rep. I think Joshua should have it for sale

Isn't the "ice" bang the one with all the diamonds?

Unless you're using a different meaning for "ice" but in the hood... ice=diamonds :pimp:

Playa don't be hatin' ice. (Apologies, I just saw Shaft recently)

Actually, Mainspring, Corgi, guys, I already saw my first Wristcheck of the HBB all pimped out on Repgeeks. It was...interesting. Wouldn't go so far as to coin a new Gaytona-like nickname, because it's not that bad.

But it's not for the wallflowers amongst you. B)

@Corgi below: I just told the member on Repgeeks who posted his, a chap called Dave123, to post his Bling Bang here. I will ask for permission, in case he doesn't want to log on.

Can anyone share some pictures of this watch please?

I'm very very curious at this point and if it looks good I maybe just maybe might have to get myself an HBB... with diamonds! Hopefully they will actually use "baguette" and different shaped (rectangles, squares) CZ crystals and not just all circular stones because circular stones exclusively would just look pretty dumb.

Why can't i find any Hublot on trusty's website?

Last I heard, Josh and he were having legal issues, so they took them down.

@Jon: Oh, that's what you meant? No, that's not out yet, if ever. :D

But I did get kind permission from RWI member, Dave123, to post a shot of his HBB Bling. That's what I thought you meant. He didn't say where he got it from, so PM him over there if interested.

PC120188.JPG

IMHO, most important noticeable thing is that gen Ice Bang bezel has a tantalum (Ta, not Ti) mat bezel... which gives the watch a very rare and futuristic look.

I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) the Ice Bang reps use SS instead... also metallic silver-gray look but not the same.

Anyway, reps I've seen also look amazing.

Regards

..maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle?

LOL. No, it's just the confusion of the nicknames. Never having seen the Ice Bang in rep form I presumed Dave's was the one referred to. As Velasco said, the Ice Bang (not the Bling Bang) is a very specially designed watch. He seemed to suggest it's out there, however.

Could we get away with all those diamonds in rep form? I seriously don't think so.

But I said the same thing about the Gaytona.

I have to say that when I saw the Ice Bang I felt... strangely and incredibly attracted... The mix of rubber, ceramic and tantalum makes it a masterpiece of design. It's... rare... sci-fi... alien... from outer space... OK, I think you got it! ^_^

I'm also hunting down an Ice Bang... It seems there is some confusion between the Black Magic (case and bezel are black ceramic) and Ice Bang (black ceramic case and mat grey tantalum bezel). I've seen that some dealer labels Ice Bang as "SS bezel black magic". Therefore my previous comment...

But... I have to insist, being no the same thing (SS vs. Ta bezel), reps is also excellent.

regards

Case in black ceramic

Bezel and Screws in Titanium

Back in Titanium with see through sapphire.

The bezel is not titanium. t used to be tantalum and now it is tungsten (to make more scratch proof and not radioactive)

Real life photos from tlmez0ne

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&th=939798&mid=3202189&rid=0&rev=&reveal=

Edited by geo1nah2a

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the verdict on this from Trustywatchguy ?

It looks really close to the version posted in this thread (by italiano1771), I guess this is the "older" bezel?

This is the gen with the tungsten bezel: TimeZone

Darn it; I was all set to order a Black Magic too.

Edited by doc savage

Actually they switched , the first ice bangs produced had the tantalum bezel with smooth polished side

hublot_bb_ice_bang_hr.jpg

After the 1 year halt in production they switched over to Tungsten which is whats used now and has a knurled finished side instead of smooth and polished...From what i've heard people had problems scratching up their tantalum bezels and the the tungsten bezels are more durable and scratchproof. The tantalum has a bit of a blue hue to it while the tungsten is purely gray..they also switched to the tungsten because it better matches the hands and the rest of the ice bang dial..so the ice bang lite isn't necessarily inaccurate as per the 1st gen ice bangs had the polished instead of knurled sides..The tantalum bezels can only be found on the Big Bang Mat series now..The rep is kind of a mixture, has the tungsten color with the tantalum's smooth finished sides..Either way i think the ice bang rep looks sick mine should be here sometime this week (from trusty) ill post pics

DSC02028.jpg