When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blackbird arrived today

yaron

you know, I love this watch hands down. But that pearl still gets me, though this one is closer to where it needs to be. I blame this board for making me so anal when it comes to my reps - before I would have lived with an off-center pearl without a doubt. anyways, great watch yaron - wear it well...........

you know, I love this watch hands down. But that pearl still gets me, though this one is closer to where it needs to be. I blame this board for making me so anal when it comes to my reps - before I would have lived with an off-center pearl without a doubt. anyways, great watch yaron - wear it well...........

ya, jkpadget2, I'm with you. I've become so picky about the details now that this pearl, as good as it is on this one, still bugs the crap out of me. The Blackbird is number one on my list but not until they fix the pearl and tabs. I talked to one of our trusted dealers and he said that they made so many of the crappy pearls that he's not counting on it being fixed anytime soon. I think one of the modders would do a bang up business offering quality pearls for this rep. I know I'd get one.

Congrats, Yaron! It looks great - one of the best I've seen so far. Wear it well.

post-9647-1198236310_thumb.jpgpost-9647-1198236334_thumb.jpgpost-9647-1198236394_thumb.jpgHi Friends,

Thank you, I really like that watch. When I compare to the "ultimate" BCE it seems a little bit smaller (maybe 0.5 mm) but the bezel and the numbers on it look much sharper and IMHO closer to the gen. I enclose additional pics (not very good quality because they are condensed to fit the small loading space). I think the pearl is OK and the deviation to the right is unnoticeable to the "naked eye". I showed it to a friend who owns a gen breitling and he did not understand what I was talking about. So anyway, enjoy , and again, apologize for the quality (the full-sized are much better).

Edited by yaron

It looks very good. Wear it well. The pearl issue is annoying. Keep your eyes out for a gen bezel as they do come up for sale from time to time on the bay or elsewhere. On the date, try flipping through all the dates for a couple of months worth of changing. Sometimes the date will "settle in". :biggrin:

I want to thank you all for your positive comments. I am really happy with this beauty. I think the date alignment has already imroved a bit today, so I agree that it will probably settle in with use. I apologize again for the pics, I know you all deserve to see much better ones, and as we say these pics really "don't do justice" to this beauty, but I just wanted to make the point that the pearl has been much improved, at least in this version.