When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Spam Driving Me Nuts!!!

bluespower

I am getting freaking inundated EVERY MINUTE with spam from "TopWatchSales." The emails just contain an image file with the aforementioned name from a random address at netzero (so I can't snag it with my spamkiller), which is linked to www.catmaxx.com. (THIS IS NOT STEALTH ATTEMPT TO SOLICIT BUSINESS FOR THIS SCAM SITE!!! NO FLAMES, PLEASE.) It all seemed to start after I signed up for an account over at RWI.

Anybody else getting this crap? Any ideas who in our communities of collectors/dealers might be sharing our email addresses? Any thoughts on how to make it stop? Appreciate any insights.

Thanks.

I am not registered on RWI and have never visited it ever but I still get those crappy TOP WATCHES something spam in my email box. So theres no sure it comes only from RWI.

But strange is that I get them at the email I use for paypal, not for both RWG and RWC

Edited by pubus

I don't think it's from these rep sites...it's probably someone's computer who ran some kind of trojan/virus, like someone you paid with Paypal...

I run my own mailserver and I used to get tons of this stuff, especially v1agra/c1alis spam, but adding dns blacklists have helped a lot!