When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received Andrew's 4th Gen Po

lefty47

Here are my pics of Andrew's 42mm Latest Version Planet Ocean. I am giving it to my son for his 30th birthday. An excellent piece for the young businessman, IMHO. I bought the wooden Omega Box on e-bay for $25. Everything they say about this version is true. It is an outstanding rep and the "smaller" size is fine with me. As always Andrew is a pleasure to work with and very accomodating. Sorry about the glare in the pics.

post-800-1150142972_thumb.jpg

post-800-1150143007_thumb.jpg

Responses to various questions & comments:

1. The Helium Valve looks good. I tightened it a bit, so it looks good to me. The only minor flaw is the spacing between the Omega Logo and the actual word Omega. Not a big deal. He won't even notice.

2. He will know it's a Rep, b ecause he knows that I sold my genuine Rolex Datejust 2 years ago when I started seriously collecting nice reps. He's not really a watch guy, but he knows I am and won't be surprised that I got him a Rep and one this nice should be a good one for him.

3. I agree that the 42 mm is better for business, although I usually wear a 47 mm PAM, but my business career is over.

4. The box set is a nice touch for a gift. Presentation is important. Bubble wrap and a padded envelope don't make much of an impression.

Responses to various questions & comments:

1. The Helium Valve looks good. I tightened it a bit, so it looks good to me. The only minor flaw is the spacing between the Omega Logo and the actual word Omega. Not a big deal. He won't even notice.

Wish I could get a gift like this ;)

Regarding the valve, how did you tighten it so it sits against the case?

Wish I could get a gift like this ;)

Regarding the valve, how did you tighten it so it sits against the case?

OK, I looked at the valve with a magnifying glass, and there is a very minor gap between it and the case. Barely noticable to the naked eye. I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been brought to my attention. My son will never notice it and I won't bring it up. He will know it's a rep though and will send it to me for any future repairs. Very nice piece.