When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First purchase = Black dial VCO from Silix

turdfurgeson

Hi Turd,

thx for sharing your experience on that purchase.

I'm glad you're satisfied both by Sillix and the VCO.

I love this watch, but was hesitating recommending it to some people, due to its bracelet resizing problems.

I understand from your expereince that either the problem was solved, or you had the chance to find a real watchsmith, knowing what he's doing :)

I'm a bit jealous on your VCO, as the AR coating is definitely what was missing on the black model. good choice ! :thumbsup:

Great review. The VCO is on my 2008 short list

BTW, does the VCO exist as a TT? I thought I saw one once as a rep, although I don't think it appears on the manufacturer site. The TT look was awesome on the bracelet if I remember correctly (which I probably don't)

Welcome to RWG! I hope you'll find it as informative and exciting as I have in the few short months I've been a member!!

Beautiful watch! I was able to examine a ladies VC and was fascinated by the beauty and precision with which each instrument has been carefully, almost lovingly, created. That's a tough quality to instill in a rep, but this sure comes close! Wear it well!!

Shundi

Thanks for sharing.

I have this same watch and think it is a great value for the money.

Couple of tips I wanted to share re: the bracelet.

1.) don't be afraid of the screws ;I haveremoved every screw in the watch, no issueswhat so ever, just need therightsize screwdriver. Wrong size and you will likely strip a screw head.

This is one of the easiest watches to resize for the bracelet. Tiny screw on 1 side holds a pin in the middle.

Wish it had a micro adjustment though....

2.) Remove and wash the bracelet, mine was pretty dirty,dull and not very smooth.

After a good washing with dish soap, followed by a WD-40 bath ina bagof oil plus a good Mother's Car Polish the bracelet looks and feel so much better.

3.) Maybe most important, my screw head tips kept sticking out when I would wear the watch.

Looked fine in the morning and then by 3Pm or so Iwould look down and see2 screw heads peeking out.

I stopped wearing it for a couple of weeks as a result. Never lost a screw or pin but thoughtI would . Maybe it was all that WD-40?

My solution: too out each screw and put Blue Loctite 232 on the threads.

Since doing that not one screw has gotten loose and looks as good at 8 AMas late at night.

Guess only issue isnow resizing it could be very difficult,butif it fits andyou don't plan on selling it,it is a must do step with this watch. If ascrew falls outthe entirepin will follow and your watch will fall to thefloor and either break or be embarrassing.

Cheers,

M