When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with becoming supporter please.

Dutchy

Hi Admin,

I've contacted a few moderators and other Admin about this but have not received any reply yet.

I thought I'd just post it here. I am trying to get upgraded (to support and to list a watch), but because I don't have a credit card, I can't use the system. Therefore, if someone could PM me the address, it would be great.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

I am not sure how the new system is working Dutchy, i am sure they will get to you in time. After all it is the holidays and they are entitled to one too.

Hi Andy. Of course I realize Admin are entitled to holidays, its only an email address I need. I am trying to raise funds for a watch for my father and don't want to land in an (even bigger) debt.

Thanks for your comment though and a happy new year.

Edited by Dutchy

Hi Andy. Of course I realize Admin are entitled to holidays, its only an email address I need. I am trying to raise funds for a watch for my father and don't want to land in an (even bigger) debt.

Hey Dutchy. Thanks for trying to help the forum out. :)

What Andy said is correct, of course, staff are entitled to holidays and indeed, many of them are away, overloading the time of those who remain. But then, you know that. Instead, usually I would tell you to check this part of your "My Controls" area:

Options

. Purchase Paid Subscriptions

. Manage Your Attachments

. Manage Friend List

. Manage Ignored Users

. Email Settings

. Board Settings

. Change Email Address

. Change Password

Unfortunately, when _I_ click on it, it refers me to the Admin team -- not the usual "renew subscription" pull-down menu which could also be the case for new subscriptions like yours.

It's possible this is part of the "reducing RWG" measures employed by Admin, as he improves the site.

To be practical, let me suggest you check out the main index page, and send a PM to one of the Mods once you see they are on same time as you are. Then they would tell you what's going on, better than just guessing as I am.

Still, I thought you might be interested in some feedback, as I too waited to be upgraded for a while, and it was nerve-wracking. Funny, huh? Good luck! :p

FOLLOWUP: Yay, I see Admin reading this. :bye1: May I also inform the Tank Engine :p about a certain member who has been waiting patiently for an upgrade for a few months -- brsmith11, if memory serves. Thanks for the hard work during this off-period!

@Dutchy below: That is unusual. Intuition/logic tells me the Payment methods are being revised, and therefore, your upgrade will be stalled. :(

Hoping your upgrade, and that of others, goes through! Logging off for the day, but please PM if you need anything.

Hey V, Thanks for your help!!

Indeed I also went to that "Purchase Paid Subscription" part and had no luck because I need a credit card (which I don't have). I emailed a couple of mods who were online at the time, but no luck as well. I do hope to be upgraded as I would like to generate some cash with a couple of sales (which will then allow me to buy dad a nice watch AND upgrade to my usual 6 month supporter subscription).

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Dutchy

One of the things you could do if you absolutely need a credit card would be to go out and purchase an American Express or Visa gift card. There's usually a $3.95 charge associated with such a card (stateside at least) and, worst case, it can be used to subscribe.