When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona With Secs @ 9

djtimodj

I am looking for a ss black face rolex daytona with the secs @ 9. does any one one what the relibility is like with the sec @ 9? i am avoding the sec @ 6 due to the extra gears that fail and cause problems.

The seconds-at-9 ones are as reliable as any Asian 7750 [censored] 7753.

As for who has the best ... well, who has the best Sub?

If you are serious about who has the best, it's DW. Expect to sell your car for it. Oh, unless you mean you want a modern one, then you want ... who's got the best sub?

i am looking for the pre-2000 where the sec where @ 9. i have look at silx prime ? the look to be ok could any of you guys see problems with these watches?? not many ppl sell with the secs@ 9 any more could you guys recomend any one ? any links? thanks .

That is why people who are trying to get as close to gen as possible look at the DW with older movements as opposed to more modern versions. You can't get the dial spacing right on the newer ones without the Polex movement. Ergo Ubi's comment "build it." Now ask him how long he as been building his. :lol:

Ubi-

Couldn't resist. By the way PM me when you have a chance I have a thought on the silver datewheels. I think I know who can make them. The question is whether there is enough demand. :)

You can't get the dial spacing right on the newer ones without the Polex movement. Ergo Ubi's comment "build it." Now ask him how long he as been building his. :lol:

Hehe... My answer would be 'Too long!' :lol: Nevermind how much it's cost thus far...

Any Rolex AD will do :animal_rooster:

For a 116520 (caliber 4130 w/ seconds @ 6:00), and with a little patience on the waiting list- Yes; the AD will do. But for a 16520 (caliber 4030 aka El Primero 400 w/ seconds @ 9:00), you'll have to find one on the second hand market, as this model was discontinued in '00. They're not too difficult to find, typically priced around $9k to $10.5k...