When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tracking Numbers....!

Guest TTK

Yep.....can just hear that big empty bell jar that's your head....resonating with the sound of silence.....ain't nothing going on in there.....what number would that be.......thhe point I was making is that you get a tracking number with EMS.......not with Registered Air Mail.......it's not trackable.......but any post where I'm concerned.......you just love to open your trap....dontcha............ then you just open your mouth and swallow up your size 44's ......huh?

BTW....did I tell you that 'cwai' means 'buffalo' in Thai.....it's also slang for 'stupid dolt' ).......in your case...that's no joke.....more of a yoke.....!

Edited by TTK

Yep.....can just hear that big empty bell jar that's your head....resonating with the sound of silence.....ain't nothing going on in there.....what number would that be.......thhe point I was making is that you get a tracking number with EMS.......not with Registered Air Mail.......it's not trackable.......but any post where I'm concerned.......you just love to open your trap....dontcha............ then you just open your mouth and swallow up your size 44's ......huh?

BTW....did I tell you that 'cwai' means 'buffalo' in Thai.....it's also slang for 'stupid dolt' ).......in your case...that's no joke.....more of a yoke.....!

do you have to be like that! chill out TTK...

you have posted this thread to start a fight with someone?...or what?

belive it or not but there are people who don't know things that you do...and belive me there are people who know things that you don't so... :close_tema:

Hey....when he keeps jumping in with his tuppenceworth....I'll keep giving him threepenceworth.......!

And for the guys that don't know....it's time they learned......!

Edited by TTK

@Cwai......you'r ejust not using it.....are you.......?

My post was not about EMS tracking......show me where I use the acronym...."EMS"........it's about the vast number of e-mails I get asking for a "tracking number"......which you DO NOT get with with standard Registered Air Mail....all I get is a a control number that lets ME query it with Thailand Post.....!

When I post something for sale......it DOES NOT say......"FREE SHIPPING by EMS".......it simply says ..."FREE SHIPPING".......still they ask.......do you GET it now.......regardless of how many sites you want to check.....there is NO tracking number.....

Edited by TTK

Just put something in your ads that says EMS costs extra. Only EMS has provides a tracking number.

If anyone then continues to ask for a tracking number..... well... :bicycle:

I never mention anything about EMS.

You use registered service, and that is a proof of delivery. Just give your customers the number if they ask. It works at the Thail website and USPS.com.

Wrong....

It seldom works on Thai Postal Site...& when it does it will just say picked up @ *****, nothing more!!!!

USPS MAY list something AFTER delivery

So as the man says...a TRACKING number it aint!

Wrong....

It seldom works on Thai Postal Site...& when it does it will just say picked up @ *****, nothing more!!!!

well, the same goes for EMS, but it doesn't mean it's not a tracking number. If it shows pickup and delivery, then it's a tracking number. What you mean is that it's not real time traceable like UPS/Fedex.

The registered number is more like a delivery confirmation number in US. It shows the pickup, major hub and destination scan. It shows something and a few delaers give the number anyway.

Btw, the registered number always work for me. Usually, I ll receive the package in 2 days after it arrives JFK.

Edited by cwai02

well, the same goes for EMS, but it doesn't mean it's not a tracking number. If it shows pickup and delivery, then it's a tracking number. What you mean is that it's not real time traceable like UPS/Fedex.

Wrong.....it's NOT a tracking number....it's a proof of posting number........tracking numbers show the real time progress of an item......the Registered Confirmation number is not meant to be used as a tracking number......and if I issue it to someone ...it's useless to them...they can't track it...they can't refer back to Thailand Post with the number....Thailand Post will only handle internal enquiries aftre proof of posting has been shown to them......all it would achieve is to increase concerns about the status of their shipped item.....when no information can be ascertained at any of the regular tracking sites.......your INSISTENCE that it is a tracking number is only serving to re-inforce that misconception....believe me......the few watches that you might receive from all over the world......doesn't compare to my lengthy experience with Thailand Post......if you don't believe me.......go ask Luucky....!

Anyway....I may have fired off on you a little rough......for that I apologise.......!

Edited by TTK

Wrong....

Funny, I once got a package from thailand and I got a "tracking" number for a Registered article and I could check the status very well through dhl.de once the plane landed in germany. It showed me when it got into customs, when it left customs, and when it was in my mailman's bag for delivery. Doesnt work always, but sometimes it works.

Funny, I once got a package from thailand and I got a "tracking" number for a Registered article and I could check the status very well through dhl.de once the plane landed in germany. It showed me when it got into customs, when it left customs, and when it was in my mailman's bag for delivery. Doesnt work always, but sometimes it works.

I would be surprised if DHL didn't offer tracking :)

Wrong.....it's NOT a tracking number....it's a proof of posting number........tracking numbers show the real time progress of an item......the Registered Confirmation number is not meant to be used as a tracking number......and if I issue it to someone ...it's useless to them...they can't track it...they can't refer back to Thailand Post with the number....Thailand Post will only handle internal enquiries aftre proof of posting has been shown to them......all it would achieve is to increase concerns about the status of their shipped item.....when no information can be ascertained at any of the regular tracking sites.......your INSISTENCE that it is a tracking number is only serving to re-inforce that misconception....believe me......the few watches that you might receive from all over the world......doesn't compare to my lengthy experience with Thailand Post......if you don't believe me.......go ask Luucky....!

Anyway....I may have fired off on you a little rough......for that I apologise.......!

I can only speak for my country (Norway). I got a watch from you some time ago, sendt as registred mail. The registred Thailand post reference no. is registred in the tracking system of the Norwegian post as soon as arrives in the country, and therefore traceable from this point. This means that I can see the if it's stucked in customs, when it arrives at the local post office and so on.

I didn't know this in the first place, but my local post office couldn't find the package when I showed up.When the girl used the tracking system to see what was wrong, using the Thai post reference, I asked her and she told me this.

So the Registred mail ref. no can be used when the package has entered the country. Maybe this is the same in other countries as well, I don't know.

jens.

I can only speak for my country (Norway). I got a watch from you some time ago, sendt as registred mail. The registred Thailand post reference no. is registred in the tracking system of the Norwegian post as soon as arrives in the country, and therefore traceable from this point. This means that I can see the if it's stucked in customs, when it arrives at the local post office and so on.

I didn't know this in the first place, but my local post office couldn't find the package when I showed up.When the girl used the tracking system to see what was wrong, using the Thai post reference, I asked her and she told me this.

So the Registred mail ref. no can be used when the package has entered the country. Maybe this is the same in other countries as well, I don't know.

jens.

Works in Sweden as well!

$99.00 rep purchase.........can you e-mail me the tracking number please...?.......... :lol::lol::lol:

Why be so harsh? I sell and ship regularly using Canada Post registered mail, and I alway include the tracking/control number. Just because it doesn't have real-time tracking, it doesn't mean the item can't be tracked.

Tracking is nice.

I'm tracking a DHL shipment right now, and can provide breaking news to this exclusive forum:

A DHL aircraft is lost somewhere between Hong Kong and Europe. It left 04:09 local time the 13th of may, and there are no signs of life afer that :lol: .

tracking numbers in my experinece have been about as useful as a third testicle.

i don't really see the point in getting too worked up with that whole bit. if you have some sort of worry that the dealer wouldn't ship the product and is going to take your money, then you should not be doing business with that dealer in the first place.

if your package gets stopped by our friends in the customs department, having the tracking number won't solve the issue. at that time perhaps the value would be knowing what the status is, and there is certainly value there. agree to disagree i guess. when in rome.

I would be surprised if DHL didn't offer tracking :)

DHL=German Post, DHL delivers everything, even if its not sent from the origin country via DHL (besides UPS,FedEx,TNT,GLS,DPD and other couriers).

Means if someone send something via Thai Post (Reg. Airmail) for 5$, DHL will derliver it to my door.

And you WOULD be surprised about the DHL tracking system, because it SUCKS. I sent something via Express Airmail to Rotterdamm via DHL, paid 45$ and I have to CALL (!!) to get tracking status. Cant do it online. Dont ask my why. On the other hand, packages from far east, track just fine!

i don't really see the point in getting too worked up with that whole bit. if you have some sort of worry that the dealer wouldn't ship the product and is going to take your money, then you should not be doing business with that dealer in the first place.

It's quite useful to me. If I know a package is coming, I ll have someone stayed at home waiting for it. My local post office is pretty far, and if I miss the delivery, I would have to wait at least an hour to get the package. Some people have the packages sent to the office. They would have to check with the frontdesk laday everyday if they don't have a tracking number.

For Canada, this "registration number", or whatever you call it, is useful. When the package get out of the custom, Canada post mark it as "arrived to the country". That usually mean 4 or 5 days and it's at my door. Not fully traceable, but it's a good way to know when you will receive it.

So this number is useful for some.

A good thing I didn't asked you the tracking number for the watch I'm waiting, would be another flame war that I don't really want :p