When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

26mm leather straps

tgchrono2

which one of the following will fit better me PAM187?

Depends.

What kind of 'look' do you want the watch to project? Casual? Functional? Smart? Do you want it to match your shoes?

All those things must be taken into consideration as to what will fit the watch better. Pugwash showed a fantastic PAM 187 on a very beaten brown strap. Looked absolutely [censored]ing awesome. Totally different look to how it would be on rubber.

When I first ordered my 127, I thought it would just be a watch I wore on odd occasions, figuring it wouldn't go under shirt-cuffs easily, and that it's too big to be elegant, so I'd still need to buy a 'dress watch', but, I was wrong. The watch is incredibly versatile. A honey/tan strap, and it looks casual, excellent for jeans and a sweater. A black strap makes it more formal, but, to be truly formal, it needs to be on a black Alligator strap with white stitching. The black rubber strap, makes it casual, but 'informal casual' rather than 'smart casual', and, depending on the smartness of the outfit, blends 'up or down' accordingly. It also makes the watch look 'more modern'.

So, thats what you need to consider, before considering what strap would best fit the 187 :)

Edited by TeeJay

well i prefer Sporty llok. So im in between #2 & # 4 straps on my previous post....

For sporty, I'd definitely suggest the 'carbon' straps, rather than #2, but to be honest, I think that the rubber straps are as sporty as it gets, other than the OEM Velcro strap, they're (the rubber straps) certainly the most functional in that regard...

Here's a link to the other 187 I was refering to. Just looking at it makes me want to get one for my collection, even though I know I'd likely never wear it unless I went camping/hiking/on some kind of expedition, which is a shame, as it's an awesome looking watch :)

I always have a hard time defining "not high prices" I don't think 150.00 usd is too high a price to pay for a really nice strap. If you want to take it a step further try Savage or Tootall they'll make you a custom handmade strap for 100.00 bucks or so. As was said before you could try TC Straps and get a pretty good deal they're not as nice as the MP or GEF line but they're pretty affordable.

Sean K