When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

100.000 euro - What?

klingsor

now let me guess...Italian dude?

I once said that italians are responsible for driving up crazy prices...

If I were selling an expensive timepiece I would instantly choose a german or a us collector instead of an italian one with no doubt..

It is very likely that some watch an italain has just got will be inmediately put for sale at a 2x price.

I know for instance that there are some good italian guys in this forums so please dont get offended.

now let me guess...Italian dude?

I once said that italians are responsible for driving up crazy prices...

If I were selling an expensive timepiece I would instantly choose a german or a us collector instead of an italian one with no doubt..

It is very likely that some watch an italain has just got will be inmediately put for sale at a 2x price.

I know for instance that there are some good italian guys in this forums so please dont get offended.

i'm not offended ...i'm italian...obviously i'm not agree with you....mad people are in everyplace....

if you will go to some NAWCC mart meeting (http://www.nawcc.org/) in USA or germany... or elsewhere ...you will be agree with me...

indeed mad people everywhere.

Never been into any nawcc meeting..but I think I undersand what you mean.

In ebay there is some daytona dial for zenith daytona selling at 7000 usd..six months before it was 5000 usd.

Prices are outrageous.

never? my personal suggest... go there ... this is the paradise...(not cheap...)

... this kind of meeting is the only serious place to make friendship about gen watches and spare parts....

for people that have in mind watches and relates ... this place is not an option....it's a must....

my best contacts come out from these events

i'm fully agree with the definition of " outrageous prices"....but when i see these auctions i remember that ebay is not the only source....

more ...there are many strange things on the bay.....if there is some one that mask something else with an overload value we can't know....

for example try to immagine a money washer..... how you can wash money with ebay? ....selling with an overload value.....

these example are not suitable with this auctions...obviously....but.... could be...

(sorry for my english)

M

I've heard it referred to as 'elephant hunting'. You set your price so high that if you ever do happen to make a sale, you have enough 'meat' to live for a year or two.

But the trend, as represented by a legitimate auction house like Antiquorum, is definitely up. And of course, I don't see that replica market going away anytime soon- there's just too great a price disparity.

I've heard it referred to as 'elephant hunting'. You set your price so high that if you ever do happen to make a sale, you have enough 'meat' to live for a year or two.

But the trend, as represented by a legitimate auction house like Antiquorum, is definitely up. And of course, I don't see that replica market going away anytime soon- there's just too great a price disparity.

most time.. i refer my evaluation on antiquorum and some others times on some vintage watch shop in my city...and of course on my "nawcc contacts"....