When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster / Date

lanikai

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A very pretty watch. I have wondered whay they have not repped this earlier... Maybe because it beeing the cheapest Speedmaster, it does not have the same flair as the Broad Arrow or the original Speedie?

Judging by the pictures, it seems like the Asian datefont is pretty close to the original. The "8" looks rounded like in the reps. Does Omega not use the ETA-datewheel in this one?

Tood bad the number on the reps rotor seems to be incorrect. The calibre 3303 is the tri-compax movement used in the Broad Arrow model... I cant get that to fit with the calibre 1164 used in the Speedmaster Date.. But, of course this is nitpicking.

By the way; It is not the first Omega rep with correct sub dial spacing. The Seamaster "Bond" chronograph uses the same basic 7750 layout. :smile:

it's ok to nit pick..attention to detail is what this hobby is about .. although i don't plan to try and pass this rep off as a genuine so unless it has got a display back .. i'm not overly concerned

i meant the first "speedmaster with correct spacing.. although with this configuration of 9, 12 and three there really was no problem in getting it correct i suppose

Suppose too that this model would look good with a antique alligator strap ...

I am repeating myself .. but let's 'wait" and SEE.. instead of starting a debate without the said product for comparison.. the pic above comes from the Genuine Omega site.. your pic looks nothing like the genuine pic, in fact it looks like it may be off of a very bad site either claiming to be genuine or a bad "fake".. (sub dial font).. the pics of the rep looks very close if not spot on to the genuine "drawing" ( as far as sub dial font).. genuine sites are moving away from the actual watch (pics) they do IMHO shade the drawings a little off the actual piece .. seems like they do this purposely to give a little misdirection..that is why certain collectors are purchasing more genuine watches and having them torn apart for replication.. that (IMHO) does not mean that we will get super reps .. but it is closer to copying a drawing or picture of said watch... edit: I stand corrected.. the pic "is" of an older model speedmaster date (posted by kpdii) ergo dials have changed..

So,.. before anyone goes crying "wolf".. let's .... "hurry up and wait" ;)

I was just tring to help show model differences, and I thought it was a bad idea to link to Omega's site because it can be traced to here. Anyway, here is the link to the page mine is shown on the Omega site.

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=3...&no_cache=1

It is the AR... :)

The gen AR never makes the dial look blue. I'm aware of some cheap Breitling reps that actually had a plastic purple film to make it look as if it had AR. I'm sure the problem, if there is one, will be fixed before it ships out. I've been waiting for this rep for quite some time.

Yes.. It is dome like the genuine... The genuine is the omsp01003.. 2 colour subdial model..

From the pics, its not the same dome as the moon watch. I'm rather fond of a real domed crystal rather than just a slight curve. Two colour subdial ?

GEN 3210.50 Speedmaster Date Chronometer

3210-50_2.jpg

Indeed this watch looks nice. The bezel is curved. But the cyrstal is not 'domed' like the moon watch.

3210-50_7.jpg

Caseback looks accurate. Rep has the same markings. Doesn't look as shiny though. Rep is not polished?

3210-50_10.jpg

Rep

16.jpg

Rep Case Back

7.jpg

Nitpicking:

The Omega and speedmaster font looks too bold. The date font a tad smaller. Tachmetyre looks slightly lower on the bezel insert. Also, the numerals on the insert look closer towards the crystal - not properly centered. Josh states 40mm x 15mm. The gen states 40mm x 13.7mm. Not sure how thick this watch is suppose to be (perhaps its been measured incorrectly). It is definately thicker than a moon watch, but not as thick as a SMP Chrono. The movement is labeled as a caliber '3303'. I believe the Gen uses a 1152, unless this has changed somewhere in its history. I like AR on my watches, and I think the Gen also has single sided AR.

Yes and I agree that 7750 should fit the subdials perfectly just like the SMP Chrono. No sub dial spacing issues. But I'm no pro on this, hopefully someone will buy it and let everyone know !

Excellent Rep. :D

Ken

Edited by kenmasters

I was just tring to help show model differences, and I thought it was a bad idea to link to Omega's site because it can be traced to here. Anyway, here is the link to the page mine is shown on the Omega site.

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=3...&no_cache=1

Yes, kpdii.. point taken and i did post that i stand corrected.. your pic is of the older version dial.. and i believe RWG has enough safeguards to insulate the board against security breaches.. but i could be wrong about that too :rolleyes:

no worries though .. can't wait for the "real" rep (contradiction i know) to come in..

Typical!

Just desided to buy the Breitling Steelfish, and maybe the Rolex GMT Master (Coke) and now this comes out...

Makes me rethink!

How is the 7750 nowdays? Reliable?

Well,.. they are all three must have reps IMHO ... can't have one without the other :D .. for the GMT retro .. if you go to the right Collector you can get the spare bezel inserts .. the black,.. the blk/red... and the blue/red .. they come off rather easily..and if you use "Shoe Goo" the adhesive for athletic sneakers (stay's rather soft and does not turn too ard like epoxy).. it will hold in place and you can take it off using a pin.. unless your going to play racket ball or tennis with it .. it holds firmly enough.. that way you have 3 watches in one.. :D

read Ziggy's review on the A7750 (new version) and you will find out..

What is the lug width on this modell?

19mm or 20mm??

Googling resulted in both -.-

-

Anyway... I need this watch in black with a black gator strap I think....

---

For the flaws....

the bezel is just a point of view... some look too close to the crystal.. some not - dpends on the angle I guess.

Print.... Yes - maybe too bold :((

Thicknes...I hope it is just a mistake by measuring... !!!

The gen AR never makes the dial look blue. I'm aware of some cheap Breitling reps that actually had a plastic purple film to make it look as if it had AR. I'm sure the problem, if there is one, will be fixed before it ships out. I've been waiting for this rep for quite some time.

I believe this is just the collectors way of over illustrating the AR in the crystal.. do a search for the HBB .. raymond has a pic that is awesome .. the maker of the HBB Replica went to the factory that does the AR for the genuine watches .. and more of the rep makers are following suit.. with that said, I am hoping the same for the new releases that call for double AR in 08

What is the lug width on this model?

19mm or 20mm??

Googling resulted in both -.-

-

Anyway... I need this watch in black with a black gator strap I think....

---

For the flaws....

the bezel is just a point of view... some look too close to the crystal.. some not - depends on the angle I guess.

Print.... Yes - maybe too bold :((

Thickness...I hope it is just a mistake by measuring... !!!

Just for the point of a "healthy" discussion ...

isn't the norm 20 mm for this size Omega.. i don't think they would change it that drastically ..???

if the flaws that are pointed out will need a magnified inspection then i will be more than happy.. because at first glance (the pics anyway) ... it's loooking goood..

and if for the sake of debate, if I have to take out calipers to measure the thickness .. then are we scrutinizing a little too much.. (but good to know anyway).. :unsure:

Me thinks this replica will be fully reviewed before anyone lay's hands on it :yeah:

This is my favorite model without a doubt.

20.jpg

As usual, I like crispy colors. I think we all have enough of black and white watches?

Mine also BT.... the "Laquered White and Red Vintage" should be here by Monday ..Tuesday at the latest .. this SS in the genuine and the other models are steel :D

Definitely the most striking of the models to reach market so far, but, sadly, probably the least accurate. The font for the numerals on the subdials doesn't look quite right :(

32105200.gif

yes .. what is odd is the other models that are replicated have the correct font.. and this is from the same maker..

post-2172-1199591427_thumb.jpg

both models are in Honolulu.. and was processed this morning .. but won't be at my mail center until Monday :( ... I am really anxious to see the ..Laquered white Red Vintage Logo Omega rep...

Edit 1/9/08 .... the font in the sub dials is the correct font the Replicated model is in fact the correct version of the genuine

Thanks for the information r11co. I'm not going to buy this watch (I'm full), but I'm looking forward to update the Omega Guide with a review.

@Steph: Yep, I'm serious. That's my favorite model... it's different enough from all those boring black and white watches that overwhelm the market (and everyone's collections). I think that particular version looks very cool. Different, yes... but that's the whole point. :)

Good choice Lanikai. The one thing that has stopped me from and Omega chrono is the spacing of the dials and it looks like that has been covered. Despite the minor flaws, this version seems to be quite good as is the price.

Nice to live at a point of entry. Honolulu customs have always been decent when compared to other cities.