When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Be Prepared

hambone

This may be extreme, but it is always good to be prepared for the worst when it looks as though the worst is

a real possibility.

100 Items to Disappear First

1. Vodka, etc.

This may be extreme, but it is always good to be prepared for the worst when it looks as though the worst is

a real possibility.

May be extreme? :o

It's [censored]ing nuts, that's what it is. Also, you're missing the same stuff as all the "I gots me guns in tham thar sheltar" selfish fruitcakes. If some sort of crash happens and you start needing generators (although fuel is the large issue) who tends the nuclear generators and dams? Do you know what happens to untended nuclear power plants? What about chemical plants?

We can't just run for the hills and expect to survive. We're far too entrenched in our microcosm that just walking away is one of the worst things we can do.

ps. An economic crash of that scale is impossible. Money simply doesn't exist.

As this isn't posted in Humour, I suspect it's to be treated seriously. ;)

I also suspect there is a large group of people that want this to happen.

Just follow the money-trail. It leads straight to the Porta-Potty Lobby.

Something about this doesn't smell right.

@ Xyphis, as the argumentative Pugwash

who has so caustically pointed out this is not the humor section. yet it is in the off topic section, which members of this forum are entitled to express their views regarding matters not related to watches. Since you have problems reading and comprehending perhaps this is the time to illuminate you what section of the forum this is that I posted my message with the best interests of my fellow man

in mind and nothing else. It is fine that others may disagree with what information I passed along, however please don't be so sure that our world is not going to hell in a handbasket and that it is better to be safe than sorry. By the way, have you collected any other watches than the awful looking specimen on your avatar? And to the succubus with over 4000 posts, how are your employment prospects? Are there no commitees gathering to discuss you other than a team of psychiatrists and rep watch forum admistrators on just what the hell to do about you? Are you going to ask one some of your 'lonely hearts' fans to write me another nasty PM because of this comment?

@ Xyphis, as the argumentative Pugbath

who I assume is still employed although I wonder has so eloquently pointed out this is not the humor section. yet it is in the off topic section, which members of this forum are entitled to express their views regarding matters not related to watches. Since you have problems reading and comprehending perhaps this is the time to illuminate you what section of the forum this is that I posted my message with the best interests of my fellow man

in mind and nothing else. It is fine that others may disagree with what information I passed along, however please don't be so sure that our world is not going to hell in a handbasket and that it is better to be safe than sorry. By the way, have you collected any other watches than the awful looking specimen on your avatar?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Good advice and I'll use it :rofl:

Xyphis if there ever was a useless troll it is you sir.,I know that Sausage Fingers sent you the PM advising you what to do. She tried the same thing with me when things were not going her way. So to that I can only say to you DONT FEED THE PSYCHO HOSE BEAST

this is not the humor section. yet it is in the off topic section, which members of this forum are entitled to express their views regarding matters not related to watches.

This goes both ways. You can't post a post and not expect a reaction.

So, to take it back on-off-topic, I fail to see how an economic disaster will stop grid electricity while still allowing the fuel-producing infrastructure to deliver petrol to the stations for the gennies.

Human survival requires food, shelter, warmth and other people. Your now-deleted list didn't cover this (or Maslow's heirarchy of needs) as it was written by camo-wearin' poklips-lovin' good ol' boys. They probably scribbled off "Commnist Invasion" from the top and nearly wrote "Terrrrrrist Attack" but looked at the news and put "Eeknomic Crash" there at the last minute.

Only the selfish run to the hills with the gennie in the back of the truck. I bet they already have hidden ammo caches, too. They say the AP rounds are for thick-skinned deer, but damn, secretly they wants to be shootin' sum fella that needed a-killin'.

This goes both ways. You can't post a post and not expect a reaction.

So, to take it back on-off-topic, I fail to see how an economic disaster will stop grid electricity while still allowing the fuel-producing infrastructure to deliver petrol to the stations for the gennies.

Human survival requires food, shelter, warmth and other people. Your now-deleted list didn't cover this (or Maslow's heirarchy of needs) as it was written by camo-wearin' poklips-lovin' good ol' boys. They probably scribbled off "Commnist Invasion" from the top and nearly wrote "Terrrrrrist Attack" but looked at the news and put "Eeknomic Crash" there at the last minute.

Only the selfish run to the hills with the gennie in the back of the truck. I bet they already have hidden ammo caches, too. They say the AP rounds are for thick-skinned deer, but damn, secretly they wants to be shootin' sum fella that needed a-killin'.

Oh just shut up you ridiculous twit !

Oh just shut up you ridiculous twit !

Excellent point, but I disagree. As usual, your poise under fire and people skills shine through.

It's been a pleasure discussing this with you, but as you have just landed the winning blow, I will have to bow out if this debate.

Pugwash, I have no patience at all to argue with you. It has nothing to do with people skills which clearly you know very little about. My people skills have taken me far and will continue to do so. It is clear to many except your sycophants that you argue just to argue, I have zero tolerance for such a person.

While surfing the net the other day I came upon a story and list of basic essential goods and materials of survival in the event of a disaster. Disatsers do happen. In my state today, a levee broke causing flooding and the displacement of 1500 people. They have no electricty and basic services are gone. A generator comes in handy. If people subscribed to your point of view, they would die. That does not mean anything to you, however as long as you win the argument.

There are not many other websites where I spend much time and I found this information might be useful. It was to me, but instead I was ridiculed for trying to offer something I considered to be helpful. So I replaced the list with a bottle of vodka, which is all you deserve in a time of emergency.

Again, to be clear, my curt reaction to you Pugwash was an expression of my disdain for your persistance in being a complete jackass when it comes to matters of courtesy and common concern for the human race. Typical of atheists. Please keep your word and stay bowed out as there is nothing you can say here of any relevance.

We'un's that you'uns likes to be pokin' fun at, typically stick closer to the Queen's English and accent than we are given credit for. Of course, denigration of a perceived group by the emphasis and exaggeration of a few peculiarities, or stereotypes, if you will, have always been used by those of no good conscience to attempt to control the attitudes and actions of the feeble minded. When broken down to these simplest of terms it is easy for even the feeble minded, so long as they have not been totally converted to single-minded blindness, to see that all who use such devices are all on the same side, no matter how many wars break out between them, they still serve the same masters.

Admittedly the feeble-mindedness of many countries of late has drastically increased. This is due to the influence of the self same persons of no good conscience at the top of each pile, and re-enforced by those lower in the pile whose character is lacking enough to attempt to emulate them.

As far as the fuel supply goes, we hill-billies have been making our own E100 for at least a couple hunnert yars..

We'un's that you'uns likes to be pokin' fun at, typically stick closer to the Queen's English and accent than we are given credit for.

Absolutely true: just as Canadians speak and pronounce a type of French which is closer to what was spoken in the 18th-century, so do (or did) much of the original English-Irish-Scottish populations of the Appalachians - many of whose descendants later fanned out through the South - speak a variety of English often laced with Elizabethan-up-to-eighteenth-and-nineteenth-century words, expressions and pronunciation.

This shows up most beautifully in the so-called 'traditional' songs from the Appalachians that were collected, recorded and preserved by various scholars, including musicologists from the Library of Congress.

I don't have the time - at the moment - to offer some examples, but I'll come back to this post later and do so: not to win a point, but just to offer some lovely music in a wide range of styles - from scholarly to commercial - to those who appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQg4k0GCHpk

And:

Nice reply POTR. I just dug my bunker in the back yard after reading "The Road". Glad to see nothing has changed. I'll go back to my home now.

@Hambone I know you're post was not meant to be combative in nature.

@Pugwash. Although I agree with the fact I don't think there will ever be a full blown financial crash, some things are happening at least here in the US that I think will change the landscape here. There will be almost 1,000,000 bankruptcy filings here in the US in 2008 there was 800,000 in 2007. Unemployment is skyrocketing and I don't think its even close to peaking yet. The housing market is for crap. My house isn't worth what it was 2 years ago. There are fifteen houses for sale in the subdivision next to me. Do we even want to start talking about the environment? Its completely screwed. I'm not a big disaster guy but some strange things are coming.

Sean K

Thats funny Ryyannon. I just don't think we can sustain our dept here in the US. Our motto has always been well "will if we don't have the money we'll just work a little harder". Thats not going to cut it anymore. Not to mention GW has been using this county like his own little toy for 8 years. I can actually see the US and for the most part the rest of the world going into a sustained slump. Our middle class in the US is disappearing. I met with a financial planner and she told us that by the time my children are old enough to go to college, one in a private school like DePaul and the other in a public school like Northern Illinois I'll need 750,000 to send them. What middle to upper middle class family can afford that kind of hit. Which leads us to another dilemma, the middle class won't be able to educate which exacerbates the problem further separating the rich from the poor even more.

Sean K