When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are the page counters lagging?

Since New Year I have noticed that the new replies & page view counters no longer seem to be updating in real time like they used to (but NEW posts do appear). Prior to the 1st, when I posted a reply or viewed a page, the index/contents page for that forum would reflect my recent view or reply immediately. Now the stats seem to jump several numbers some hours later. It looks like they are now timed to update every few hours and add all changes that occurred since the last update all at once. It may not be happening with all of the forums, but I have noticed it in some of them (Rolex, Photographs, General Discussion, etc.).

It is not a browser issue since I have Opera, IE & Firefox (with cleared caches) & the same thing happens with each, and only since about the 1st.

Admin info:

Iit's been set this to update every 30 minutes instead of immediately to optimize the speed of RWG.

After optimizing the server and database, the load time on all pages have been lowered a lot...well "a lot" might not be the right word, but we are talking about 0.5s difference on most pages.

Thanks for the explanation, By-Tor.

Will Shoutbox be back online soon?

I know Admin said there were upgrades, and possibly the site might be down a few days. But just to put in a good word for that wonderful medium. I really miss live-chatting with POTR, e.g...RWI's SB doesn't cut it.

Currently, there are only minor optimizations going on in the background. For now, the shoutbox will stay offline.

Hopefully, we should have a New years raffle online within a day or two (just waiting for prize confirmation from the supplying dealer). When this raffle is finished, RWG will be taken offline for a day or two to upgrade software, install services, etc. Then the shoutbox might be online again ;)

Re: the optimizations BT talked about above. The pages are generated faster by the server, but high load times might be due to congestions on our connection or other html loading issues ;) Hopeully you will see the full effects when the site is brought back online after the "main" upgrade.